• 2,252,956 Discussions
  • 7,874,999 Comments

Discussions

Services get stuck in 'STOP_PENDING' mode - Help

User_BP7C5
User_BP7C5 Member Posts: 29 Green Ribbon
edited Feb 17, 2020 3:04AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

We are on On Prem 11.1.2.3.500 for HFM, Essbase & FDQM.   Every night we stop/start the services after our backup runs.  I pause 3 min in between each Stop and Start command just to give each service a bit of time.  The services we currently Stop/Start are:

Essbase Server:

Oraclec_oracle_middle~1_epmsys~1c_oracle_middleware_user_projects_epmsystem8ConfigurationManager

OracleProcessManager_EPM_epmsystem8

OracleProcessManager_instance1

HFM Server:

HyS9FoundationServices_epmsystem1

HyS9RaFrameworkAgent_epmsystem1

OracleProcessManager_ohsInstance3193331783

Oraclec_oracle_middle~1_epmsys~1c_oracle_middleware_user_projects_epmsystem1ConfigurationManager

Hyperion Essbase Analytics Link Server - Web Application

First Question is do I need to start/stop in certain order?  Receiving mixed answers on that reviewing various blogs etc.  If so, what is proper stop/start order?  Read somewhere the HyS9FoundationServices_epmsystem1 needs stopped/started first and then it doesn't matter after that????

Secondly, the services on the Essbase server are getting stuck in 'STOP_PENDING' mode.  Thus when we go to START them, it fails.  Eventually they get to STOPPED.  I suppose we can loop until STOPPED and then restart.  However this just came up in last few days and I'm wondering if we need to dig deeper to find out what may be the issue.  But I have no idea where to start.  Could it be the order I'm starting and stopping?  Currently I stop/start Essbase in the order above then I stop/start the HFM in the order above.

I appreciate any insight on this as very frustrating.   And 'YES' we are upgrading to 11.2 On Prem this year as we realize this version is very old .

Thanks for any suggestions/comments.....

Tagged:
Cord234

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 16, 2020 4:16AM

It shouldn't matter the order as they are just being stopped. Maybe the essbase is taking longer as it is taking a while to shutdown the applications, it might be worth consider having a MaxL script to shutdown the apps first before stopping the service or in the script just keep checking until the service has stopped. Looking at the essbase.log should give an indication to what is happening when you are stopping the service.

Cheers

John

Cord234
  • User_BP7C5
    User_BP7C5 Member Posts: 29 Green Ribbon
    edited Feb 16, 2020 8:05AM

There are no apps running that the time of shutdown.  As it's on the tail end of the backup and we unload all the apps during the backup.  I think maybe I just loop through the restart until successful with a pause of 2 min or something in between tries.  I don't know.  Frustrating as all hell

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 17, 2020 3:04AM

Have you checked the Essbase log, opmn logs to see if anything is happening at the time of stopping the service?

Cord234