- 3,726,647 Users
- 2,245,235 Discussions
- 7,852,337 Comments
OGG-01775 when trying to use downstream database (goldengate 220.127.116.11.1)
We have to migrate a 10.2.0.4 database(Enterprise edition) running on Windows 2003 (32 bits). The database is approx. 7 TB in size from which approx. 40% needs to be migrated towards an OCI database (18.104.22.168).
To minimize downtime the only feasible solution seems the usage of GoldenGate in combination with an initial dataload. The high-level process wil be:
- Start GoldenGate capturing of all changes, buffering in trail-files on local storage)
- Create datapump export until SCN (SCN after start GoldenGate capturing)
- Transport datapump export to OCI and import in new database
- Start GoldenGate pump from on-premise to Cloud
- Start GoldenGate replicat in Cloud
- As soon the backlog is processed databases are in sync
- Source database is 10.2.0.4 on Windows 32 bit, causing usage of modern migration techniques impossible
- Usage of database version 10.2.0.4 forces the usage of GoldenGate 11.2.x or lower
- Usage of compressed tables forces the usage of GoldenGate 11.2.x or higher
- Usage of compressed tables in database < 22.214.171.124 forces the usage of a “downstream database”
- Usage of source database on windows forces the usage of “downstream database” on windows (version 126.96.36.199 or higher)
- source database in 10.2.0.4 on windows 2006R2 (64 bit)
- downstream database is 188.8.131.52 on windows 2016 (64 bit)
- GoldenGate 184.108.40.206.1 32 bit running on windows (on source database server)
I followed all steps from Appendix A in "Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle Installation and Setup Guide" up to the point of registering the first Extract. i get the following error when I issue the command
GGSCI (P-OD03) 13> REGISTER EXTRACT EGGINT DATABASE
2020-03-02 11:58:16 WARNING OGG-02064 Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle: Oracle compatibility version 10.2.0.4 has limited datatype support for integrated capture. Version 220.127.116.11 required for full support.
2020-03-02 11:58:17 ERROR OGG-01755 Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle: Cannot register or unregister EXTRACT EGGINT because of the following SQL error: OCI Error 26.655. See Extract user privileges in the Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle Installation and Setup Guide.
Most solutions I read are about granting privileges, but I have granted everything I suggested in manual, books etc. I also grnated sys rights to the ggate_admin user in both source- and downstream database.
On source I also executed: exec dbms_streams_auth.grant_admin_privilege('ggate_admin')
Thanks a lot for any help!