Forum Stats

• 3,726,647 Users
  • 2,245,235 Discussions
  • 7,852,337 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OGG-01775 when trying to use downstream database (goldengate 11.2.1.0.1)

JeroenG
JeroenG Member Posts: 15 Blue Ribbon
edited April 2020 in GoldenGate

Hi

We have to migrate a 10.2.0.4  database(Enterprise edition) running on Windows 2003 (32 bits). The database is approx. 7 TB in size from which approx. 40% needs to be migrated towards an OCI database (18.6.0.0).

To minimize downtime the only feasible solution seems the usage of GoldenGate in combination with an initial dataload. The high-level process wil be:

• Start GoldenGate capturing of all changes, buffering in trail-files on local storage)
  • Create datapump export until SCN (SCN after start GoldenGate capturing)
  • Transport datapump export to OCI and import in new database
  • Start GoldenGate pump from on-premise to Cloud
  • Start GoldenGate replicat in Cloud
  • As soon the backlog is processed databases are in sync

Limitations:

• Source database is 10.2.0.4 on Windows 32 bit, causing usage of modern migration techniques impossible
  • Usage of database version 10.2.0.4 forces the usage of GoldenGate 11.2.x or lower
  • Usage of compressed tables forces the usage of GoldenGate 11.2.x or higher
  • Usage of compressed tables in database < 11.2.0.4 forces the usage of a “downstream database”
  • Usage of source database on windows forces the usage of “downstream database” on windows (version 11.2.0.4 or higher)

- source database in 10.2.0.4 on windows 2006R2 (64 bit)

- downstream database is 11.2.0.4 on windows 2016 (64 bit)

- GoldenGate 11.2.1.0.1 32 bit running on windows (on source database server)

I followed all steps from Appendix A in "Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle Installation and Setup Guide" up to the point of registering the first Extract. i get the following error when I issue the command

GGSCI (P-OD03) 13> REGISTER EXTRACT EGGINT DATABASE

2020-03-02 11:58:16  WARNING OGG-02064  Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle:  Oracle compatibility version 10.2.0.4 has limited datatype support for integrated capture. Version 11.2.0.3 required for full support.

2020-03-02 11:58:17  ERROR   OGG-01755  Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle:  Cannot register or unregister EXTRACT EGGINT because of the following SQL error: OCI Error 26.655. See Extract user privileges in the Oracle GoldenGate for Oracle Installation and Setup Guide.

Most solutions I read are about granting privileges, but I have granted everything I suggested in manual, books etc. I also grnated sys rights to the ggate_admin user in both source-  and downstream database.

On source I also executed: exec dbms_streams_auth.grant_admin_privilege('ggate_admin')

Thanks a lot for any help!

Tagged:
Vikas Panwar

Answers

• ORASCN
    ORASCN Member Posts: 1,772 Gold Trophy
    edited March 2020

Hi JeroenG,

You had mentioned as below,

downstream database is 11.2.0.4 on windows 2016 (64 bit)

What is the compatible parameter set in this database?

Regards,

Veera

• JeroenG
    edited March 2020

Hi Veera,

SQL> show parameter compat

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------

compatible                           string      11.2.0.4.0

plsql_v2_compatibility               boolean     FALSE

SQL>

Currently we moved a little bit further. This was fixed with a patch update towards 11.2.1.0.3.

We now run into this error:

2020-03-04 16:36:28  ERROR   OGG-02021  This database lacks the required libraries to support integrated capture.

2020-03-04 16:36:28  ERROR   OGG-01668  PROCESS ABENDING.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

• ORASCN
    edited March 2020

Hi Jeroen,

Could you please list out the privileges which you had granted already?

Regards,

Veera

• JeroenG
    edited April 2020

Hi Veera,

sorry for the very late reply.

at the end we were running into another bug which was solved in a later version of GG (11.2.1.0.33).

After installing that everything went (finally) pretty smooth and we had a successful migration 3 weeks ago.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Vikas Panwar
  • ORASCN
    edited April 2020

Hi Jeroen,

No problem. Sounds good the issue got resolved.

Cheers,

Veera