Forum Stats

• 3,853,843 Users
  • 2,264,287 Discussions
  • 7,905,473 Comments

Discussions

Multiple users on one emcli installation? 2nd user gets "The command "xxxx" is not a recognized com

JRJ
JRJ Member Posts: 2
edited Mar 12, 2020 12:51PM in Enterprise Manager

Hello all,

We are using 13.3c emcli for a few tasks, blackouts, incident rules, etc.  We have installed on a Windows 2016 server, that multiple team members use for various tasks.  We are unable to install emcli on our own machines.

It's a great tool, but I've noticed that only one person can be using it on the server at a time.  ie, I'm logged in, a coworker logs in, but gets this error when trying to run an emcli command:

"Error:  The command "get_blackouts" is not a recognized command."

The work around is for the coworker to run emcli sync separately, which gives him control.  Then I get the error.

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure emcli so that multiple users can run commands on one installation of it?

Thanks,

Jon

PS - Separate installations of emcli per user would work, but that's a bit wonky.

Answers

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Mar 12, 2020 12:08PM

Hi Jon,

Looks some strange issue.

In general the operations should asynchronous. So no user should get blocked.

Also this scenario does not leave any entries into the logs to validate what can cause this issue.

If you can give a try to login using SYSMAN (OR) any other user by both sessions and check if the same issue is reported?

Best Regards,

Venkat

• JRJ
    JRJ Member Posts: 2
    edited Mar 12, 2020 12:51PM

Hi Venkat,

Yes, it is strange.  It's been like this since 12c, but thought I'd look into it since we'll likely have more people using the scripts. 

We have one installation of emcli, installed to d:\emcli13c.  Our login script uses the emcli.bat there. 

I also had a coworker login as SYSMAN, and when I logged in as myself, ran emcli sync, he lost his connection.  He was able to get it back by running emcli sync, but then I lost the ability to run any emcli commands.

Weird eh?

On a side note, has anyone else experienced this?  It's happening for us on Win 2008 and Win 2016 machines.  However, maybe there is something else with the OS (or java?) that's causing the issue, if others aren't experiencing it.

Thanks!

Jon