• 3,769,827 Users
  • 2,253,026 Discussions
  • 7,875,217 Comments

Discussions

Is GIMR worth installing in 19C ?

Tom
Tom Member Posts: 209

GI/RDBMS version : 19c

I have only worked in 11.2.0.4 GI. So, my team and I never had to install MGMTDB repository DB in our shop.

Now, I need to build a 3-node production RAC DB.

As I understand, Grid Infrastructure Management Repository (GIMR) is not mandatory to install in 19C.

So, is it worth installing in 19C ?

Felix Manjarres

Answers

• Dude!
    Dude! Member Posts: 22,826 Black Diamond
    edited Mar 16, 2020 2:14PM

I suggest you review a previous discussion:

Tom
  • BPeaslandDBA
    BPeaslandDBA Member Posts: 4,615 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 16, 2020 2:19PM

Yes, its worth installing. And actually you don't have to do anything on your end. Just install the Grid Infrastructure software and the wizard will take care of it for you.

Why would you not want to have the GIMR?

Cheers,

Brian

TomFelix Manjarres
  • eronitascott
    eronitascott Member Posts: 9 Green Ribbon
    edited Mar 17, 2020 9:05AM

Yes, its worth installing.

Every Oracle Standalone Cluster and Oracle Domain Services Cluster contains a Grid Infrastructure Management Repository (GIMR), or the Management Database (MGMTDB). The Grid Infrastructure Management Repository (GIMR) is a multitenant database with a pluggable database (PDB) for the GIMR of each cluster.

• PTimmermans
    PTimmermans Member Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

I had two times an issue during patch caused by the MGMTDB (both times it was in the postpatch operation so not too bad because the system was patched but quite stressful). Also on some cluster the stop of crs takes very long, it seems to be related to chad service that times out.

Since we get nothing in exchange for this MGMTDB I consider to delete it (but there is no official document about removing). For new system I would avoid to install it.

It is sad because at the starts there were big expectations on cluster health advisor, but at the end we got only troubles. Also there is the AHF which is completly unusable and with zero support.