Forum Stats

• 3,728,132 Users
  • 2,245,556 Discussions
  • 7,853,352 Comments

Discussions

Remote access to DNS clients failed

66572d59-b900-46ed-a261-10eb4ba622e2
edited March 2020 in Dyn Community

In my DynDNS Pro panel no client updates. Many of them report as the latest update dates on February 20.

Now I am testing with one of them and I see that it returns the public address. However, in the DynDNS Pro panel it is not updated.

I am using an MT7620 Easy-net 3G Router

What can I check?

Tagged:

Answers

• RotBlitz
    RotBlitz Member Posts: 149 Red Ribbon
    edited March 2020

You check the log of your update client for related error messages.

You also can submit a manual update with a web browser to see what it returns:

<a class="jive-link-external-small" href="https://members.dyndns.org/nic/update?hostname=" rel="nofollow">https://members.dyndns.org/nic/update?hostname=<em>YourHostname</em>&myip=<em>YourIpAddress</em></a>

• 66572d59-b900-46ed-a261-10eb4ba622e2
    edited March 2020

Hi RobBlitz,

entering the data returns the message "badauth"

What does it mean?

• 66572d59-b900-46ed-a261-10eb4ba622e2
    edited March 2020

I discovered the problem.

During one of the last accesses, the system automatically asked me to change the password, so my devices do not update the DNS because they are denied access.

The problem now is how to change it on each device because they are in points even hundreds of kilometers away.

The old password cannot be used because it is shorter than 8 characters.

Do you think there is a way to temporarily bypass this limit?

If I could enter the old password I can connect to the devices, update them and then change the password again.

Could the support make me do it?

• Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle
    Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle Posts: 255 Employee
    edited March 2020

Unfortunately once the password is changed from an older security protocol you much comply with the current for any future changes.  Support can not assist with this.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn