Forum Stats

• 3,760,123 Users
  • 2,251,647 Discussions
  • 7,870,987 Comments

Discussions

OEM 13.2 historical job extract after removal of host target - is this possible?

4169320 Member Posts: 4
edited Apr 6, 2020 5:18PM in Enterprise Manager

I am migrating OEM Cloud Control jobs from 13.2 into OEM Cloud Control  13.3.

Some jobs are set up for target hosts and others for target databases.

I have already removed my target host from OEM 13.2 and have removed/decommissioned the agent 13.2 from the target host, and was not able to migrate all my OEM jobs for the related host databases.

Is it possible to still get my OEM 13.2 jobs for the removed target (historical) so I can set up on the new OEM CC 13.3?

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Apr 6, 2020 8:49AM

Hi,

Can you tell me the job details.

What job was that you have created. If the job is based on the Target. Then you should be able to go to the Job Activity page. Edit that job and then Remove the target which was provided earlier and select the new target.

Best Regards,

Venkat

edited Apr 6, 2020 9:16AM

Hi,

The target was already removed (host and its related targets, eg databases).  After target removal, I wanted to get any historical jobs related to the target host and its related target databases.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks.

edited Apr 6, 2020 9:57AM

Hi,

Navigate to Enterprise  -->  Job  -->  Job Library -->  Check if you have any specific job.

Navigate to Enterprise  -->  Job  -->  Job Activity -->  Check if any scheduled jobs are already there.

If none regarding the targets you are talking about, the information would be deleted from Repository as well when the targets are removed.

Regards,

Venkat

edited Apr 6, 2020 10:04AM

So are you implying that the job library entries for the deleted target would also be removed when the target is deleted?

edited Apr 6, 2020 3:36PM

Hi,

The job details of the target would be deleted from the Repository when a target is deleted. But Job itself will not be deleted.

If a job is created with a target selected in it, it can be updated by editing the job from Actions drop down.

So, my suggestion is to navigate to mentioned pages and validate if the job exists there.

Regards,

Venkat

edited Apr 6, 2020 4:04PM

Hi,

Unfortunately, once we have removed the Target HOST and its Related Targets and agent, none of the jobs (Job Activity) could be listed for the host and its related target databases.

That was the reason why I was asking if there was a way to get the historical jobs for a removed tartget host and its related databases.

Thanks for all your help.

edited Apr 6, 2020 5:18PM

Hi,

Then i do not see a possibility to get the details of the jobs once the targets are deleted.

The information would be cleaned up even in the Repository DB, so all the details of the targets + job info will be cleaned up.

Regards,

Venkat