Forum Stats

• 3,700,898 Users
  • 2,239,234 Discussions
  • 7,834,907 Comments

Discussions

What do I need to buy to move to Dyn nameserver

42508104250810 Posts: 3
edited May 13 in Dyn Community

Hi. Sorry if I'm being stupid but I'm new to this.

I have an existing domain hosted with some hosting company and I need to point it to a web server in my house and I have a dynamic IP. I have a DynDNS account already and have set it up so it correctly routes to my IP and updates automatically.

However, the hosting company does not support a CNAME DNS record with the right extension that I need and they told me I need to move my DNS nameserver to someone else.

I have seen the article on how to do that on here, but I do not have any zone level services on my account so do not have the server name, do I need to buy something else to do this?

Once I do that will I have be able to set up a CNAME record on Dyn's website that points to my DynDNS hostname?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Answers

• Michael.R.Taylor-OracleMichael.R.Taylor-Oracle Posts: 252 Employee
    edited May 12

Hi @4250810,

Assuming you have Standard DNS, you can log into your account and find the name servers assigned to you by selecting the service associated with the domain in question. If you do not have Standard DNS for this domain, unfortunately it is not available via the website for purchase at this time. If you can PM me your username I can take a look at if there is anything that can be done though. I have added you as a friend here, please accept in order to send me a PM.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 42508104250810 Posts: 3
    edited May 13

Thanks a lot. I can't see a friend request anywhere though, I added you and think that has gone to you for approval? There was nothing in my inbox, where would a friend request normally be seen?

• 42508104250810 Posts: 3
    edited May 13

Sorry, should have @Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle on my last response