Forum Stats

• 3,827,605 Users
  • 2,260,798 Discussions
  • 7,897,313 Comments

Discussions

Tell us about your experience with the "Oracle Enterprise Manager App for Grafana ”

Answers

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    Murtaza Husain-Oracle Posts: 44 Employee
    edited Jun 17, 2020 1:29PM

Also, look at Grafana server log for runtime issues; By greping on the Grafana server log for "oracle-emcc-app" will give relevant error messages

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Jun 17, 2020 1:49PM

Hi Murtaza,

This issue was taken care. "Oracle Enterprise Manager APP" was not enabled. I have suggested him to validate this.

Got the confirmations that this issue was solved and Vimal is able to see the source now.

Regards,

Venkat

Murtaza Husain-Oracle
  • Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Jun 17, 2020 1:54PM

Great, thank you for the confirmation; I am also working in parallel to clarify this further in Grafana Plug-in guide.

• ArunBavera
    ArunBavera Member Posts: 24 Red Ribbon
    edited Jun 17, 2020 4:41PM

Can you update some demo links and OOW demo link for Grafana plugin here.

Thanks

• User_F1DAX
    User_F1DAX Member Posts: 3 Employee
    edited Jun 17, 2020 11:20PM

Hi Murtaza,

That will be great.For me I was trying to find Oracle Enterprise Manager APP  While adding data source as per installation doc.
    But I am not able to find it.Then Venkat recommend to enable it from installed app.I did not find installed app in Grafana version 6.7.2.

So I look around and found there is Plugin tab under configuration.From that place I enable it then It is visible in datasource.

So it seems in each version Grafana is changing.I am exploring it and will keep you updated with the progress.

Thanks

Vimal

Murtaza Husain-Oracle
  • Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Jun 18, 2020 12:34AM

Thank you Vimal for the update. Please do keep us posted on any future findings in terms of usability and/or documentation improvements.

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Jun 18, 2020 12:48AM

We are in the process of creating brand new demos that would potentially cover the following topics. Please stay tuned.

1. Setting up the Grafana Plug-In to cover one-time setup/installation
    2. Viewing the Default OOB Dashboards in Grafana using EM as a data source
    3. Lastly, more advanced cases such as editing OOB Dashboards and creating custom Dashboards/Reports
  • user13399581
    user13399581 Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 1, 2020 6:45PM

Hi Murtaza,

I deployed the plugin and the 'Database performance Report' template works right out of the box. But none of the other tempates are populating anything even though i copied them to a different folder under grafana.

What am i doing wrong here?

Thanks

• Murtaza Husain-Oracle
    edited Jul 1, 2020 7:13PM

Hi, Just to understand, the OOB Database Performance Dashboard is working fine for you?

Which specific template have you tried to use? After selecting it, can you please list out the steps you have taken to utilize it?

Thanks,

Murtaza

• User_PVTD9
    User_PVTD9 Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon
    edited Jul 2, 2020 10:41AM

Hello guys,

Currently the following version is available for download. I would be really grateful of someone can please email me the older version.

Currently i am using: oracle-emcc-app-1.0.2

It looks like the current version(above) of the app has made it mandatory to configure API throttling.

Following is the response from the endpoint:

response:Object

I am unable to configure API throttling either:

emctl set property -name oracle.sysman.db.restfulapi.grafana.throttle.max.req.per.user.interval.sec -value 120 -sysman_pwd Orasysman_01Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 4Copyright (c) 1996, 2020 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.Definition does not exist for property "oracle.sysman.db.restfulapi.grafana.throttle.max.req.per.user.interval.sec". Can not set property value

email: [email protected]

Warm Regards,

balaji R