• 2,262,405 Discussions
  • 7,900,767 Comments

Discussions

Absence Duration Logic

Cecilia-Oracle
Cecilia-Oracle Member Posts: 24 Employee
edited Aug 7, 2020 10:17PM in HCM Cloud Service

Hi expert,

As client requested to exclude weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and public holiday (Calendar event) for all employees regardless their work schedule assigned (some employees might have a Monday off instead of weekends) for certain absence type. I would like to ask if it is possible to write a fast formula for this kind of exclusion?

For example,

Employee with work schedule (Sat - Mon: day-off, Tue - Fri: 8H) has applied absence from 8 Jun 2020 (Monday) to 19 Jun 2020 (Friday), assume that no public holiday in between the selected period, and the duration have to be counted as 10 days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Cecilia

Answers

• AshishHCM
    AshishHCM Member Posts: 334 Bronze Crown
    edited Jun 5, 2020 4:23AM

Yes possible.

But complex code needs to be written in Absence Duration Calculation Fast Formula attached to absence type.

Formula should use GET_PAY_AVAILABILITY and also breaks and other details should be captured in application and used by this formula.

Not a simple solution though.

Note: Apologies would not be able to share source code due to proprietary rules and other clause, hope you understand.

Kind Regards

Ashish

• Cecilia-Oracle
    Cecilia-Oracle Member Posts: 24 Employee
    edited Jun 5, 2020 5:39AM

Hi Ashish,

Thank you, may I Know is it matter to choose UOM as calendar day or days in this case? Any preference on the absence type/ plan to facilitate the fast formula?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Cecilia

• AshishHCM
    edited Jun 5, 2020 6:21AM

Hi Cecilia,

In my case the absence type was sickness which is recorded in Hours (both type and plan).

Although the UOM was same (type and plan) we used a Conversion Formula at Plan level to tweak the duration calculation.

I know am sharing info in bits and pieces which probably does not makes much sense but as of now I can't think of a alternative way to help you out unless I re-configure the entire setup in some vision/demo environment (I wish I only had that much time)..

Hope if someone could pitch in here and we can take this discussion to a logical conclusion.

Kind Regards

Ashish

• AshishHCM
    edited Aug 7, 2020 10:17PM

Support for Oracle HCM Cloud Applications can now be found on https://cloudcustomerconnect.oracle.com/pages/home

Kind Regards

Ashish