Help with delegation for my standard domain — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,682,051 Users
  • 2,238,174 Discussions
  • 7,831,734 Comments

Discussions

Help with delegation for my standard domain

Hi - I have DynDNS.  I originally registered my domain with GoDaddy.  Two years ago I think I transferred it to Dyn.  I've never gotten the domain to work (although I kept paying Dyn....I know ) and am finally trying to fix it. 

I have Dyn Standard DNS Service for the domain.  When I go to the DNS page for the domain, I get that the delegation is incorrect.  See below.  But for the life of me I can't figure out how to fix it.  The domain isn't listed under my godaddy account any more so I think it's successfully managed by Dyn.  I have an A-record and alias set up for the domain....but no NS records.  Do I have to add NS records to fix this up?  Can't figure out what to set them to.....where is it getting ns23.domaincontrol.com and ns24?

Help please!  Thanks much.

pastedImage_1.png

Answers

• Michael.R.Taylor-OracleMichael.R.Taylor-Oracle Posts: 252 Employee
    edited July 6

Hi @27f2944c-5722-4ee1-9813-ba81d9b07b2b,

As of 2019, domain registrations have migrated to name.com. If your domain was registered with Dyn at that time, it was likely part of the migration. Please use the following link to claim your domain with name.com and manage your services:  https://www.name.com/welcome-to-name?cb=dyn_domino Please note, we are no longer able to access or maintain your domains.

Once you have claimed your domain, you will be able to log into their user portal and update the name servers to the ones listed on your account for the domain. Once they have been updated there, you will be able to manage its records via your account at account.dyn.com.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn