Dyndns looses connection to IP Cams — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,681,951 Users
  • 2,238,135 Discussions
  • 7,831,609 Comments

Discussions

Dyndns looses connection to IP Cams

I have 20+ cam going through my dyndns host account, use to be fine but something strange happens now...

I can connect all cams through ip cam pro on my s10 and works for a day or two then you loose connection to all cams? if i go direct to the ip address all works find and does not loose connection, so what have changed @ dyndns to cause this to happen, any help please.

DynDNS Pro and Host Services account. I have had this account for over 12years!

Thanks Dave.

Answers

• RotBlitzRotBlitz Posts: 132 Red Ribbon
    edited July 14

I'm not aware of a related change at Oracle/Dyn regarding the DynDNS Pro service unless you have a D-Link account.

It seems the IP address information for your hostnames goes out of sync.  Do you run update clients covering all of your hostnames?  Check their logs to see if they behave correctly.

Dyndns looses connection to IP CamsI have 20+ cam going through my dyndns host account

Hardly.  No traffic ever goes through your account, never.  And Dyn never connects to your cams.  This is not how DNS works.  DNS is the phone book of the internet, not the phone lines.

• Michael.R.Taylor-OracleMichael.R.Taylor-Oracle Posts: 252 Employee
    edited July 14

Hi @ad9486c5-6ac6-4110-a6bb-6e3eb3d1cd4f,

As Rotblitz has said, no changes have happened on the Dyn DNS side of things that would cause this. Is there a second update client running on the network that might be causing issues?

Mike

Oracle + Dyn