• 2,253,156 Discussions
  • 7,875,555 Comments

Discussions

SOA Composite with "UNKNOWN" status.

User_JU665
User_JU665 Member Posts: 37 Red Ribbon
edited Jul 15, 2020 3:09AM in SOA Suite Discusssions

Hi,

I have came through the issue that has been encountered while working with an Oracle SOA composite running in the Oracle IDAM environment.

When restarting server stack containing (OAM, OIM, SOA), customized DefaultOperationalApproval crashed (with UNKNOWN status) if anyone has gone through the same please help me out.

I have tried with deleting unused composite (DefaultOperationalApproval 5.6)that prompts the error on the log(under WFTASKMETADATA table).

SOA diagnostic log-:

Failed to retrieve task metadata information for taskDefinitionId: default/DefaultOperationalApproval!5.6/ChallengeTask in listTaskMetadataByNamespace(). Will continue with other task meta data in the result.

[2020-07-14T11:13:01.036+05:30] [soa_server2] [ERROR] [] [oracle.soa.services.workflow.task] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '24' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: ] [ecid: 005ea17jd67Com05nzx0iZ0001SB000Jpo,0:3:37] [APP: soa-infra] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] <.> exception.code:30084[[

exception.type: ERROR

exception.severity: 2

exception.name: Could not locate composite.

exception.description: Could not locate composite for workflow component default/DefaultOperationalApproval!5.10/ChallengeTask.

exception.fix: Ensure composite has been successfully deployed, and that the SOA server has completed loading composites.

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh Jha

Tagged:
User_JU665

Answers

• User_JU665
    edited Jul 14, 2020 8:11AM
  • Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Jul 14, 2020 9:58AM

Hi,

You might suffer from an inconsistent composite. Sometimes this happens, unfortunately.

If you go to em/soa-infra and check the Deployed Composites, do you find it there? Is it healty or do you have a red warning icon in front of it?

This can happen if the composite refers to mds artefacts that have been removed. With a restart the WSDL/XSD caches are flushed and then the composite can't be loaded. In the diagnostic log you probably find errors refering to mds artefacts that cannot be loaded.

If the composite can't be loaded it can't be undeployed either. Would be nice if Oracle added a forced undeploy option. However, you can do the following.

1. GO to the MDS configuration:

pastedImage_0.png

2. Export the complete mds:

pastedImage_1.png

3. Unzip/unpack the downloaded MDS.

4. Locate your composite in the deployed-composites folder in the zip, under the proper partition/folder sub-folder and remove the composite from that folder:

pastedImage_2.png

(I won't show you the composites from my default folder here, but in there there are loads of composites, remove the folders that are failing to load.

5. Trick one! Edit the deployed-composites.xml:

pastedImage_5.png

For every composite and al of its revisions, you have an entry of the 'composite-series' element. Either remove the complete element composite-series' element, or remove the composite-revision element the failing revision. Make sure you remove the right entries and that the resulting xml is valid. Maybe you should make a backup of the file or at least the original MDS export.

6. Repackage the edited MDS into the zip.

7. Import the MDS again.

8. Important! Restart the SOA Domain again (including the AdminServer).

Check the deployed composites in the em/soa-infra: the failing composite(s) should be removed.

Kind regards,

Martien

User_JU665
  • User_JU665
    edited Jul 14, 2020 1:57PM

Hi @Martien van den Akker,

Thanks for your response,

yes, composite is available in em/soa-infra/deployed composite but with red warning icon and status of composite is UNKNOWN, i have already attached in problem statement. actually this issue occur at production and there are few instance which is running with that composite so I can not delete/undeploy the composite. Is there any trick to make composite active again?

Thanks & Regards,

Nilesh Jha

• User_JU665
    edited Jul 15, 2020 12:10AM
  • Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Jul 15, 2020 3:09AM

No, I don't think you can revive it. You could checkout the diagnosticslog and see if you find errors indicating that it fails to load certain artefacts from the MDS that this revision needs. If so, and assuming that you use a version control system, you can revert it and republish those artefacts. Then at a restart, it might get valid again and then you can undeploy it in a regular way. You could also try to deploy a valid revision under the same revision id and then try to undeploy it. But I expect that to fail, because it will try to load it to be able to remove.

But I'm curious if you're looking at the correct revision. I doubt that SOA SUite will be able to execute an invalid revision. I expect that you have another revision of that composite that is default and executed. In that case carefully note down the failing revision-id. You can remove only that composite-revision as shown above.

(If you will I can do that for you...)

Kind regards,
    Martien