Forum Stats

• 3,770,120 Users
  • 2,253,069 Discussions
  • 7,875,327 Comments

Discussions

how to assign workflow to 2 alisais(user groups) , and make 1 user only from each alias to approve?

User_93BZ0
User_93BZ0 Member Posts: 6 Employee
edited Jul 23, 2020 1:00AM in WebCenter Content

1- i'm having a workflow that is assigned to 2 aliases (managers,senior_managers) and each alias contains 2 users

(so at this step, the workflow will be visible for manager_1,manager_2,senior_manager_1,senior_manager_2)

2- the workflow can't move to the next step until at least a manager and senior manager approves it.

the problem is if I chose all reviewers in the exit condition, then the file will need to be approved by all 4 users .

I want to add a condition that only one user of each alias should approve it

for example, if mangaer_1 approves it, then managers_2 should be unassigned from the workflow, and it should be approved now by  senior_manager_1 or senior_manager_2

and vice versa, if senior_manager_1 approves it first one, then it should be unassigned from senior_manager_2 and be visible only to manager_1 and manager_2

and only one of them should approve to go to the next step of the workflow

how to achieve that?

pastedImage_0.png

Answers

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    Srinath Menon-Oracle Posts: 6,291 Employee
    edited Jul 23, 2020 1:00AM
    1- i'm having a workflow that is assigned to 2 aliases (managers,senior_managers) and each alias contains 2 users(so at this step, the workflow will be visible for manager_1,manager_2,senior_manager_1,senior_manager_2)2- the workflow can't move to the next step until at least a manager and senior manager approves it.the problem is if I chose all reviewers in the exit condition, then the file will need to be approved by all 4 users .I want to add a condition that only one user of each alias should approve itfor example, if mangaer_1 approves it, then managers_2 should be unassigned from the workflow, and it should be approved now by  senior_manager_1 or senior_manager_2and vice versa, if senior_manager_1 approves it first one, then it should be unassigned from senior_manager_2 and be visible only to manager_1 and manager_2and only one of them should approve to go to the next step of the workflow

Can this be broken down to 2 step WF ? One for managers and other for Snr Managers? If so, then you can easily set "Atleast 1 reviewer" option and achieve this requirement.

With the current set up it would be quite difficult to add / remove members.