• 2,250,454 Discussions
  • 7,867,707 Comments

Discussions

Workaround to discover Exadata Machine X8-2 M on OEM 13.3

R0R0
R0R0 Member Posts: 9
edited Aug 7, 2020 2:03PM in Enterprise Manager

Hi All,

Does anyone know a workaround to discover the Exadata X8-2M on OEM version 13.3?

This isn't supported, but I was hoping to find out if someone has actually done it & if they have a workaround they can share with me.

Regards,

- Divine

Answers

• Nishant Baurai
    Nishant Baurai Member Posts: 215 Bronze Badge
    edited Aug 6, 2020 12:58PM

If Agents are alreday deployed on compute nodes you can use emcli on OMS host to add targets manually. following is an example of adding cisco switch.

./emcli add_target -name="exasw-adm01.xyz.com" -type="oracle_si_netswitch" -host="exadbadm01.xyz.com" -access_point_name="exasw-adm01.xyz.com/ios-ssh" -access_point_type="oracle_si_switch_cisco_ios" -properties='dispatch.url=ios-ssh://exasw-adm01.xyz.com' -subseparator=properties='=' -monitoring_cred='cisco_creds_set;oracle_si_switch_cisco_ios;cisco_creds;username:admin;userpass:******;privpass:******' -monitoring_cred='snmp_v1v2_v3;oracle_si_switch_cisco_ios;SNMPV1Creds;COMMUNITY:public'

• R0R0
    R0R0 Member Posts: 9
    edited Aug 7, 2020 2:03PM

Nishant,

I think you misunderstood my request.

Exadata X8M-2 discovery is only supported on OEM version 13.4.x & up. My question was whether anyone found a workaround to get these machines discovered on the lower version of OEM, 13.3.x.

- Divine