- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 533.9K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.5K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.2K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Migrate OEM 13.2 from physical host to VM and upgrade to 13.3.1 - Best practice
What is the best practice to migrate OEM 13.2 from physical host to VM and upgrade to 13.3.1?
1) Install 13.3.1 OEM/OMS/WLS/Agent/DB Repo bundle on new VM
2) RMAN duplicate from OLD DB Repo (currently 22.214.171.124 on physical) to NEW DB Repo on VM Apply any database patches.
3) Check that alerts, OEM/masking jobs are in order
1) Create zip of OEM/OMS/WLS/Agent/DB Repo of oracle binaries from physical host, unzip on VM (same dir structure)
2) RMAN duplicate of OLD DB repo to NEW DB Repo on VM
3) Upgrade OEM/OMS/WLS/Agent/DB Repo to 13.3.1
4) Check that alerts, OEM/masking jobs are in order
I am leaning towards Option 1
Has anyone moved their OEM to a different host AND upgraded? If so, what did you do?
Please note: Physical host OEM will still be up and running until a switchover to VM OEM can be made. Prod will see no downtime.