Forum Stats

• 3,726,968 Users
  • 2,245,299 Discussions
  • 7,852,513 Comments

Discussions

Data Protection Request

1079069 Member Posts: 1

I'm looking for guidance on how to direct my customer - Target Corp - for the below request.  Their Security team wishes to gain an Oracle resource or email address they can make data requests to.  Please see the message below sent by Target.  Any guidance here is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

“To clarify, I am specifically looking for a current email address Target can send privacy notifications to. This contact should be someone who is responsible for reviewing and complying with privacy obligations, including deletion requests sent by Target. Please let me know if you have any questions.”

Beth

Tagged:

Answers

• mariam.kupa
    mariam.kupa Member Posts: 240 Bronze Badge
    edited August 2020

hm, if I am not mistaken they need email address of security team responsible for performing security actions. If I am right, they may send risk items to that group and members of that group will perform actions for correcting that risks, like closing security holes or something...

• mariam.kupa
    mariam.kupa Member Posts: 240 Bronze Badge
    edited August 2020

By the way, the sentence at the end is super "Please let me know if you have any questions" , you may ask them to rephrase the text with other words for you too be sure that you understand the task correctly.

• EdStevens
    EdStevens Member Posts: 28,024 Gold Crown
    edited August 2020
    1079069 wrote:I'm looking for guidance on how to direct my customer - <redacted> - for the below request. Their Security team wishes to gain an Oracle resource or email address they can make data requests to. Please see the message below sent by <redacted>. Any guidance here is greatly appreciated. Thank you! “To clarify, I am specifically looking for a current email address <redacted> can send privacy notifications to. This contact should be someone who is responsible for reviewing and complying with privacy obligations, including deletion requests sent by Target. Please let me know if you have any questions.” Beth 

Does your client know you are exposing them like this?  That would be a terminating, if not criminal, offense in most cases.  Especially given your client's well-known history with data breaches.