Forum Stats

• 3,769,803 Users
  • 2,253,023 Discussions
  • 7,875,210 Comments

Discussions

Unable to connect to OracleDIAgent in EPM 11.2.2 (Windows)

Sudeb Paul
Sudeb Paul Member Posts: 5 Green Ribbon
edited Sep 8, 2020 4:08PM in EPM System Infrastructure

Hi All,

I have installed and configured EPM 11.2.2 in Windows 2016 servers. While I was trying to execute a FDMEE DLR, I was getting this error:

pastedImage_7.png

Process details tab showed the process/rule in running state:

pastedImage_13.png

In the process log, it just had five lines:

pastedImage_18.png

There were no ODI logs present in the below directory:

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\ErpIntegrator0\logs

I checked the ODI connectivity in Setup > Configure > System Settings > Profile Type: ODI. It looked good.

pastedImage_27.png

I tried connecting to http://agentserver:agentport/oraclediagent, got the below ping return:

pastedImage_31.png

Next I went to the ODI console (Master Repository). Under Browse, I went to Topology, then Physical Architecture and then expanded Agents. Clicked on OracleDIAgent. I got a test connection button.

pastedImage_37.png

Clicked it, got the below error:

pastedImage_40.png

Raised a SR, Oracle suggested the below:

1. Stop FDMEE service

2. Delete ERPIntergrator0 managed server from the WebLogic

3. Rename ErpIntegrator0 folder under E:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers

4. Run EPMConfigurator for Database confoguration and Deploy to application server. Use the Drop option for DB config.

5. Start the services and see if you are still facing this issue.

Tried the above but still getting the same issue.

I checked Enterprise Manager and could see the credentials present:

pastedImage_0.png

Please assist me in solving this.

@JohnGoodwin

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• dwhpc
    dwhpc Member Posts: 462 Bronze Badge
    edited Aug 25, 2020 9:53PM

Hi,

I would recommend going through the  Oracle support document. The scenario is a bit different they providing the solution to create the credential store.

Credential not defined in the credential store.' Displayed in Error Log when Launching an ODI 12c J2EE Agent for the First Time (Doc ID 1966543.1)

Regards,

PC

• Sudeb Paul
    edited Aug 27, 2020 9:53AM

Hi,

I already have the 'oracle.odi.credmap' in EM, as shown below:

pastedImage_0.png

Do I still need to follow this?

Thanks,

Sudeb.

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    edited Aug 28, 2020 12:21PM

Did you do any customization from ODI end?

Please check below article suggesting to update the password of SUPERVISOR from EM. This could help if your current password is incorrect or empty in credential store. Usually with the FDMEE configuration from EPM configurator, all ODI setup will be done and we don't have to do this.

FDMEE Error: " Connection To ODI Agent Failed" (Doc ID 1623581.1)

I will also recommend to go through the ODI agent log in D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\ErpIntegrator0\logs\oracledi folder

Regards,

Krishna

• Sudeb Paul
    edited Aug 30, 2020 1:52AM

Did you do any customization from ODI end? - No.

Please check below article suggesting to update the password of SUPERVISOR from EM. - I have already done this, doesn't help.

I will also recommend to go through the ODI agent log - I already mentioned initially that there are no ODI logs generated.

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    edited Aug 30, 2020 7:59AM

Ok. yeah, I have seen you mentioning that there were no logs in ErpIntegrator0\logs. Just wanted to ensure that you also verified the logs inside the folder oracledi. Also check if configuration logs have any errors during FDMEE configuration.

• Sudeb Paul
    edited Aug 30, 2020 11:32AM

No errors whatsoever! Is it required to keep FDMEE on the same server where Foundation is configured?

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    edited Aug 30, 2020 12:26PM

No, that is not the requirement. FDMEE can be in a different server than where Foundation component is configured.

• Klaus Hellberg
    Klaus Hellberg Member Posts: 10 Red Ribbon
    edited Sep 8, 2020 4:08PM

Hi,

it looks ODI session is not generated, or if it does, it is not been written back to FDMEE. For similar situation I saw in 11.1.2.4, you may need to ensure that ODI credentials are ok in 3 places:

- EM

- ODI Studio / Console

- Once both of them updated, ensure same is available in FDMEE.

After these 3 places password are harmonized, restart FDMEE service (I suggest that once stopped, you rename the following folders so they are regenerated:

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\ErpIntegrator0\cache\

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\ErpIntegrator0\tmp\

D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers\ErpIntegrator0\logs\

For how to change the password, you can follow this guide:

http://christian-hoekstra.blogspot.com/2016/04/fdm-ee-tutorial-how-to-change-odi.html

Thanks.

• User_8DF9E
    User_8DF9E Member Posts: 17 Red Ribbon

Hi ,

We are currently in same situation, odi agent testing working fine and fdmee page system settings odi connection also successful.But whenever we r performing import table definition or reverse engineering from fdmee-odi it's keeping giving "missing credentials for supervisor account in oracle.odi.credmap.even though after updating credentials using wlst scripting still giving same issue. Curently we have prior 1 ticket still going with Oracle team.yesterday and today ODI,weblogic,fdmee support teams involved including ODI developer not able to figure it out where exactly going wrong.

Coming Monday will have again call with Oracle including fdmee developer,something really going wrong here in distributed environment with fdmee -odi.. we also observed odiagent.log file is not creating at all .

Our 1st server:ohs, foundation,hfmweb ,weblogic 12c admin

2nd server : fdmee planning and odi standalone in different domain.

Are you able to resolve issue ? It's not about updating credentials something strange going here in 11.2.2 in distributed env.

Regards,

Dinesh

• Sudeb Paul
    Accepted Answer

I installed/configured FDMEE in Foundation server & that resolved the issue. However, still looking for RCA.

Thanks,

Sudeb.