• 2,253,097 Discussions
  • 7,875,408 Comments

Discussions

EPM change admin password

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 26, 2020 6:06PM in EPM System Infrastructure

Hi All,

I have EPM 11.1.2.0 and i am unable to login to Shared services using the admin credentials, but i am able to login with the other accounts that i created. Can you please assist how i can reset or change the admin password as i am unable to login using the admin credentials that i have.

Thank you all so much for your contribution.

Hyp_Learn

Best Answer

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    edited Aug 26, 2020 2:01PM Accepted Answer

If your other accounts are admin accounts, login with one of those account and try to change the admin password from shared services console. If all other accounts you have are non-admin accounts, I believe there is no other way to change from front end. You can achieve this from backend database which is not a recommended method though.

CSS_Users table in Foundation database stores the user details along with encrypted passwords. As you have the other user id and password information, you can do this: Update that password for admin in database and then with admin Id you can login into Workspace with the updated password and change it back or reset in Shared services console.

Let's say you can login to Workspace with native user called "user1"

Run below statements in Foundation database or schema

select Password from CSS_Users where user ='user1' -- this will get the encrypted password of user1

Update CSS_Users set Password = 'Paste the result from above SQL query' where user ='admin';

commit;

Now you can login with admin id using user1 password. Change the password of admin id in Shared services console.

I have tested it in sandbox environments.

Regards,

Krishna

Hyp_LearnHyp_Learn

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    edited Aug 26, 2020 2:01PM Accepted Answer

If your other accounts are admin accounts, login with one of those account and try to change the admin password from shared services console. If all other accounts you have are non-admin accounts, I believe there is no other way to change from front end. You can achieve this from backend database which is not a recommended method though.

CSS_Users table in Foundation database stores the user details along with encrypted passwords. As you have the other user id and password information, you can do this: Update that password for admin in database and then with admin Id you can login into Workspace with the updated password and change it back or reset in Shared services console.

Let's say you can login to Workspace with native user called "user1"

Run below statements in Foundation database or schema

select Password from CSS_Users where user ='user1' -- this will get the encrypted password of user1

Update CSS_Users set Password = 'Paste the result from above SQL query' where user ='admin';

commit;

Now you can login with admin id using user1 password. Change the password of admin id in Shared services console.

I have tested it in sandbox environments.

Regards,

Krishna

Hyp_LearnHyp_Learn
  • Hyp_Learn
    Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 26, 2020 6:06PM

Hello Krishna,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I appreciate your time and effort.