• 2,253,023 Discussions
  • 7,875,210 Comments

Discussions

EPM weblogic

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 27, 2020 12:34AM in EPM System Infrastructure

Hi,

I am planning for a distributed 11.2 environment where i will be installing different EPM components like PLANNING, HFM,FDMEE,FR,Essbase and DRM etc on different servers. As per my understanding  weblogic will be installed by default on all the servers for PLANNING, HFM,FDMEE,FR, EPM components . I see Essbase does not need a weblogic and DRM resides on IIS. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Best Answer

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    edited Aug 26, 2020 1:45PM Accepted Answer

That is correct. All the Web application components require weblogic application server for deployment. Weblogic may be installed in all servers in a distributed environment, but you configure and deploy the web apps usually in primary foundation server Weblogic. Yes, DRM will not be deployed in Weblogic, it requires IIS for deployment. Yes, Essbase is not Web App and will not require Weblogic, but EAS and APS from Essbase family are webapps and require Weblogic.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    edited Aug 26, 2020 1:45PM Accepted Answer

That is correct. All the Web application components require weblogic application server for deployment. Weblogic may be installed in all servers in a distributed environment, but you configure and deploy the web apps usually in primary foundation server Weblogic. Yes, DRM will not be deployed in Weblogic, it requires IIS for deployment. Yes, Essbase is not Web App and will not require Weblogic, but EAS and APS from Essbase family are webapps and require Weblogic.

Regards,

Krishna

• Hyp_Learn
    Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon
    edited Aug 26, 2020 6:14PM

Hi Krishna,

Thank for your update. some basic question.. how do we configure and deploy the web apps  just in primary foundation server Weblogic alone when we have weblogic on all the rest of the servers too? Is there any documentation to understand that?

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    edited Aug 27, 2020 12:34AM

When you deploy your first web application using EPM system configurator, you chose to create a new domain (by default EPMSystem). Any next web deployments, let's say in other server of the distributed environment, you select the existing domain (EMSystem) and the pre-requisite for it is, you need to start weblogic admin server in your primary foundation server.

Regards,

Krishna