• 3,702,040 Users
  • 2,239,552 Discussions
  • 7,835,730 Comments

Discussions

Testing JMS Queue Project

41840994184099 Posts: 16
edited September 18 in SOA Suite Discusssions

Hi All,

I have few BPEL process which gets request message from different JMS queues. I want to test these process by posting message to these queues.

Is there any generic way or any tools available to test the BPEL process by posting message to the JMS queues as its difficult to post the message to all these JMS queues from console particularly when we are doing QA or load test.

Any pointer on this would be of great help.

Thanks

Tagged:
Martien van den Akker

Answers

• Martien van den AkkerMartien van den Akker Posts: 2,756 Bronze Crown
    edited September 16

Hi,

We use SoapUI in combination with HermesJMS. At install you need to explicitly enable the install of HermesJMS, since it is an external tool. Or you need to download it from the SmarBear site: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/jms/hermes/index.html

SmartBear's ReadyAPI/SoapUI Pro also supports JMS. In the past through HermesJMS, but since a few versions it has built-in JMS endpoint support. From 3.3.1 onwards, it does not support HermesJMS anymore.

For Weblogic JMS  you might add a weblogic jms client api jar. And if you want to use Oracle AQ based jms you need to add the ojdbc8.jar and aqapi.jar to the soapui lib folder.

Kind regards,
    Martien

• 41840994184099 Posts: 16
    edited September 17

Hi Martien,

I read about installing and configuring HermesJMS.

In the past through HermesJMS, but since a few versions it has built-in JMS endpoint support. From 3.3.1 onwards, it does not support HermesJMS anymore.

What does this mean? I'm using SOAP UI 5.6, does this not support HermesJMS?

From 3.3.1 onwards do we have any built-in option to test JMS from SOAP-UI.

For Weblogic JMS  you might add a weblogic jms client api jar. 

I am using weblogic JMS only do I need to add this in SOAP-UI?

• Martien van den AkkerMartien van den Akker Posts: 2,756 Bronze Crown
    edited September 18

Hi,

The JMS Endpoint support only counts for ReadyAPI/SoapUI Pro. Not for SoapUI OS. As far as I know. You use SoapUI 5.6, so I think you're good with HermesJMS.

Regarding the weblogic jar, I overlooked: you would not need to add it to SoapUI, but you need to configure HermesJMS for it. I found this: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Connect-SoapUI-to-Weblogic-12-2-1-JMS/td-p/148891

Kind regards,
    Martien

• 41840994184099 Posts: 16
    edited September 18

Thanks Martien!!

Martien van den Akker