All adaptive feature parameters are unset and Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 installation still fail — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,780 Users
  • 2,241,126 Discussions
  • 7,840,613 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All adaptive feature parameters are unset and Oracle Enterprise Manager 13.4 installation still fail

User_Z1303User_Z1303 Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
edited September 2020 in Enterprise Manager

Hello,

I am attempting an install of oracle enterprise manager 13.4 with an Oracle Database 19c as the database repository.  I created my instance using the oracle supplied template for OEM 13.4.

I followed the parameter adjustments mentioned in Doc ID 2635383.1 turning all features to off.  I am still running into an error when the installer attempts the Database Connection.  The error continues to read, "Check if all adaptive features parameters are unset"  "All adaptive features parameters should be unset for improved SQL performance.  Can anyone advise.  Thank you in advance!

1) As SYSDBA execute the following statements in the repository DB:

alter system set "_optimizer_nlj_hj_adaptive_join"= FALSE scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_optimizer_strans_adaptive_pruning" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_px_adaptive_dist_method" = OFF scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_sql_plan_directive_mgmt_control" = 0 scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_optimizer_dsdir_usage_control" = 0 scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_optimizer_use_feedback" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_optimizer_gather_feedback" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';
alter system set "_optimizer_performance_feedback" = OFF scope=both sid='*';

2) Restart the repository database.

MauritsGroenenberg

Answers

• MauritsGroenenbergMauritsGroenenberg Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

same here

tried to find out where this check is done, it seems too me that it is inside the java code embedded sql. I don't quit get what the query is doing:

select count(*) from dual where ( (((select count(*) from v$version where banner like '%12.1%') >0 )AND((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_nlj_hj_adaptive_join' and value='FALSE' ) >0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_strans_adaptive_pruning' and value='FALSE' ) >0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_px_adaptive_dist_method' and value='OFF' )>0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_sql_plan_directive_mgmt_control' and value='0' )>0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_dsdir_usage_control' and value='0' )>0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_use_feedback' and value='FALSE' )>0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_gather_feedback' and value='FALSE' )>0) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name='_optimizer_performance_feedback' and value='OFF' )>0) ) OR(((select count(*) from v$version where banner like '%18.%' or banner like '%19.%' or banner like '%12.2%') >0 ) AND ((select count(*) from gv$parameter where name in ('_optimizer_nlj_hj_adaptive_join','_optimizer_strans_adaptive_pruning','_px_adaptive_dist_method', '_sql_plan_directive_mgmt_control', '_optimizer_dsdir_usage_control', '_optimizer_use_feedback', '_optimizer_gather_feedback', '_optimizer_performance_feedback'))=0)));

in case of 12.1 it checks if the value is TRUE or FALSE, but in 19 ?

• FBP_FLUORFBP_FLUOR Posts: 7 Red Ribbon

fyi. I did the following on a dev db that is NOT connected to any apps. 19c version.

I was experiencing the exact same issue and i found this link:

which says to:

I’m using Oracle 19c as repository database. The solution for this is:

alter system set "_allow_insert_with_update_check"=true scope=both;

alter system set session_cached_cursors=200 scope=spfile;

alter system set sga_target=800M scope=both;

alter system set pga_aggregate_target=450M scope=both;

alter system set "_optimizer_nlj_hj_adaptive_join"= FALSE scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_optimizer_strans_adaptive_pruning" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_px_adaptive_dist_method" = OFF scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_sql_plan_directive_mgmt_control" = 0 scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_optimizer_dsdir_usage_control" = 0 scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_optimizer_use_feedback" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_optimizer_gather_feedback" = FALSE scope=both sid='*';

alter system set "_optimizer_performance_feedback" = OFF scope=both sid='*';

And restart the database 

this allowed me to continue.

User_Z1303