• 2,260,430 Discussions
  • 7,896,330 Comments

Discussions

DBA_USER_COMMENTS and comments on schema

sysassysdba
sysassysdba Member Posts: 459 Silver Badge
edited Jan 11, 2016 5:52PM in Database Ideas - Ideas

Hello,

why does not  exist DBA_USER_COMMENTS ? so, you can not add comment to a SCHEMA.

You can comment on table, column,operator,indextype and mview, but you can not comment a schema....

EXAMPLE :

Comment on SCOTT is 'User blocked by LAW until 2018';

sql> select user,comments from DBA_USER_COMMENTS where USER='SCOTT';

SCOTT User blocked by LAW until 2018

This feature will help to schemas maintenance

Regards.

sysassysdbactriebcaadecarvalhoJagadekaratop.gunborneselBPeaslandDBARindbæksensoftGbenga AjakayeJon TheriaultSven W.Daniel HillingerHemant K ChitaleMartin PreissMathias ZarickEmad Al-MousaSQL_WarriorAlbert Nelson AAndreas Huberblessed DBAAJuser9977143Justin Warwickandre.psantos4037597berxUser_LKLCPfac586Quanwen Zhaouser11970842
31 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• top.gun
    top.gun Member Posts: 3,666 Gold Crown

Would also be nice for Oracle to comment which of the schemas are created on install.

Justin Warwick
  • User51642 Yong Huang
    User51642 Yong Huang Member Posts: 164 Bronze Badge

Would also be nice for Oracle to comment which of the schemas are created on install.

ORACLE_MAINTAINED column of DBA_USERS in 12c kind of serves the purpose. If you do mean "created on install" literally, you can just check the creation time.

• Comments on users would help a lot.

Maybe even more than one comment field, so you can build some relationships to other systems.

One comment could be the real free form comment you can use to inform any other DBA why a user is locked and so on, an other comment field could be used to relate to the real world person that is responsible for this user, another comment field could be used for ...

Ok, i would be gratefull if even only one comment would be possible :-)

sysassysdba
  • blessed DBA
    blessed DBA Member Posts: 218

Comments on users would help a lot.

Maybe even more than one comment field, so you can build some relationships to other systems.

One comment could be the real free form comment you can use to inform any other DBA why a user is locked and so on, an other comment field could be used to relate to the real world person that is responsible for this user, another comment field could be used for ...

Ok, i would be gratefull if even only one comment would be possible :-)

Why?

Are you just trolling or are there any reasons for your post?

• Smarter-Orracle-DBA is a forum troll.

He is quoting my question on his last "oppinion" in Database Ideas.

Looks like a primitive form of revenge.

Please ignore its posts.

• blessed DBA
    blessed DBA Member Posts: 218

Smarter-Orracle-DBA is a forum troll.

He is quoting my question on his last "oppinion" in Database Ideas.

Looks like a primitive form of revenge.

Please ignore its posts.

I think it is done by you just ignore him too

rather asking questions on my ideas just concentrate on helping others

Dnt follow as Troll Please dnt troll

• Justin Warwick
    Justin Warwick Member Posts: 119 Bronze Badge

This would also be great for those formatted documentation generating features found in fancy DBA/Development SQL clients. Already they take advantage of table and column comments, and this could be a good enhancement to that information, especially when there are perhaps a few different schemas that are sort of a coordinated team of schemas for some particular application.