• 3,872,018 Users
  • 2,266,364 Discussions
  • 7,911,026 Comments

Discussions

Trazability Matrix for object

Hugo.Sendoa
Hugo.Sendoa Member Posts: 39
edited Aug 19, 2016 11:14AM in Database Ideas - Ideas

An helpful idea would be an trazability matrix for all object. It need to generate a graph with the path between objects in one click.

Hugo.Sendoa
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• top.gun
    top.gun Member Posts: 3,666 Gold Crown

Can you provide more detail, including an example of what you mean?

• Sven W.
    Sven W. Member Posts: 10,559 Gold Crown

This is the database ideas space. The database itself has no GUI where you click on something and where you will see a chart.

Having said that, theere are a couple of systems out there that implement something similiar to what you requested.

For example the Oracle SQL Developer has a MODEL tab. When you click on a table you will see all the other tables that are connected with the first one. And you can extend that model by clicking a second table in that model and choosing "show parent and child tables"

So the appropriate place to request such a feature would be the matching forum for your favourite tool of choice.

• This is the database ideas space. The database itself has no GUI where you click on something and where you will see a chart.

Having said that, theere are a couple of systems out there that implement something similiar to what you requested.

For example the Oracle SQL Developer has a MODEL tab. When you click on a table you will see all the other tables that are connected with the first one. And you can extend that model by clicking a second table in that model and choosing "show parent and child tables"

So the appropriate place to request such a feature would be the matching forum for your favourite tool of choice.

Thanks @Sven W. this idea is for expand the pl/sql developer option called "referenced by" to an graphic interface.

• Sven W.
    Sven W. Member Posts: 10,559 Gold Crown

Thanks @Sven W. this idea is for expand the pl/sql developer option called "referenced by" to an graphic interface.

Hm... again what tool are you talking about? Maybe share a screenshot?

I'm not aware of any "pl/sql developer option".

• William Robertson
    William Robertson Member Posts: 9,568 Bronze Crown

Hm... again what tool are you talking about? Maybe share a screenshot?

I'm not aware of any "pl/sql developer option".

Perhaps he has PL/SQL Developer mixed up with SQL Developer?

I'm still not sure I'd call it a 'database idea' though.

• Hugo.Sendoa
    Hugo.Sendoa Member Posts: 39

Perhaps he has PL/SQL Developer mixed up with SQL Developer?

I'm still not sure I'd call it a 'database idea' though.

thanks, I agree with you.