- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 73 Insurance
- 537.3K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.6K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
hint to enforce FULL SCAN with direct path read
Parallel hint can be used for enforcing direct path read, but there's no hint for serial direct path read.
Serial direct path read is hard to control; it depends on several factors such as;
- FULL SCAN
- segment size and buffer cache size
- the num of blocks cached on buffer cache
Besides, the above logic is not written in manual and different from version to version.
So I would like to propose adding a hint like "FULL_DIRECT_PATH( emp )" to enforce FULL SCAN with direct path read.
This could be not only used to enforce optimizer serial direct path read but also ensuring smart scan on Exadata.