- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Pluggable Database remote clone "PUSH"
Today it is possible to have a PDB remote clone with:
CREATE PLUGGABLE DATABASE local FROM [email protected]_link;
However, most of the time these are clones from production to dev.
Some environments do not allow such db links DEV->PROD but would allow rather the opposite.
Workarounds exist, but they all require additional work:
- Connection manager setups
- SSH tunnels...
My proposal is to allow remote "push" cloning as well:
CREATE PLUGGABLE DATABASE [email protected]_link FROM local;