Forum Stats

• 3,837,697 Users
  • 2,262,286 Discussions
  • 7,900,365 Comments

Discussions

Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment

2»

Comments

• Marcelo - Thanks for your reply. Expansion is for Production environment. If we need to define the estimates now how could we determine the capacity with increase in number of transaction volume and we can't really do performance testing in production ?? Also are there any benchmark results wrt to OAG capacity expansion ??

Thanks

Anish

Anish,

Try setting up a "load" or "test" environment for this. You should not perform load tests in production. Best way is to setup an environment like production, and try to perform the load tests in this environment.

As a consultant, I don't have information about benchmark results because I don't usually work with capacity planning and sizing. This question should be addressed to the product team, sorry.

Best Regards,

Marcelo

• Marc Pérez
    Marc Pérez Member Posts: 11

Hello Marc,

I am not 100% sure about the answer, as I am more the kind of "infrastructure" guy. I don't do too much the functional part (policies, etc...), but have you looked at Configuration Studio? I think this is the tool you are looking for, as it is used to promote policies and circuits across different environments (dev, test, prod...).

Thanks,

Parisi

Hi Parisi,

I did look at Config Studio and it allows to create an environment deployment package based on what elements of your configuration you've "environmentalised", but the parametrising of the config needs to be done from the Policy Studio.

A colleague of mine mentioned that we might achieve this from within the property but I haven't had time to actually check it out.

Thanks,

Marc

• Hi Parisi,

I did look at Config Studio and it allows to create an environment deployment package based on what elements of your configuration you've "environmentalised", but the parametrising of the config needs to be done from the Policy Studio.

A colleague of mine mentioned that we might achieve this from within the property but I haven't had time to actually check it out.

Thanks,

Marc

Ok. I am not sure as I told you. Another place you might wanna take a look is at sample scripts in API Gateway installation directory. Maybe you can write something that automatically changes the endpoints according to the environment.

Please let me know how you worked this out.

Best Regards,

Marcelo

• Marc Pérez
    Marc Pérez Member Posts: 11

Ok. I am not sure as I told you. Another place you might wanna take a look is at sample scripts in API Gateway installation directory. Maybe you can write something that automatically changes the endpoints according to the environment.

Please let me know how you worked this out.

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

This is what my colleague said but I haven't tested it yet:

"...When you add the web service in policy studio then it will auto-create a policy for you. If you go into that policy and open the service handler up then you will be able to change the routing details. The default is 'Use the WSDL of the back-end Web Service' but if you select 'Override...' you can then select the environmentalize..."

Regards,

Marc

• Hi Marcelo,

This is what my colleague said but I haven't tested it yet:

"...When you add the web service in policy studio then it will auto-create a policy for you. If you go into that policy and open the service handler up then you will be able to change the routing details. The default is 'Use the WSDL of the back-end Web Service' but if you select 'Override...' you can then select the environmentalize..."

Regards,

Marc

Yes, that way I know. But, what if you change the wsdl on development, for example, for a fix or new version?