- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 68 Insurance
- 536.9K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.5K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.9K Cloud Platform
- 109.5K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
SAM-QFS 4.6 Known Problems
The SAM-QFS 4.6 patch 04 contains a bug that can cause both import and export problems on direct attached tape libraries.
You may encounter the bug in one of the following ways:
- The "Mailbox Full" message is displayed on an export even when export slots are available
- An import fails when you enter the SAM-QFS import command
To confirm that you have encountered the bug, check the following:
- All device logging is turned on in the defaults.conf file for the library (devlog = all eq, where eq is the equipment ordinal for the library)
- Logging shows SAM-QFS sent a 37 (initialize element status with range) to a library and this command fails
The work around is to manually import/export tapes.
- # samd stop
- Open the library and manually insert/remove tapes.
- Close the library and let the library initialization complete.
- # samd start
The sam-catserverd will automatically discover the inserted/removed tapes and update the catalog accordingly.
This bug has been reported and was tracked under CR 6680812. A fix is available in SAM-QFS 4.6 patch 05.