GUI is not getting loaded even in runlevel 5 — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,758 Users
  • 2,241,121 Discussions
  • 7,840,594 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GUI is not getting loaded even in runlevel 5

JamsherJamsher Posts: 137 Bronze Badge

Hi All,

I have upgrade from OEL 6.10 to OLE 7.6 , During precheck I had below errors in my precheck. But still i move forward with Upgrade.

[[email protected] OEL7]# preupg --riskcheck --verbose

preupg.risk.EXTREME: You have the GNOME desktop environment session as an option in your X11 session manager. The GNOME desktop environment as a part of the 'Desktop' yum group underwent a serious redesign in its user interface as well as in underlying technologies in Oracle Linux 7.

preupg.risk.EXTREME: You have the KDE desktop environment session as an option in your X11 session manager. The KDE desktop environment as a part of the yum group 'KDE Desktop' underwent a redesign in its user interface as well as in underlying technologies in Oracle Linux 7.

After OEL upgraded to 7.6 I installed gnome manually with below command and set systemctl get-default to graphical.target

[[email protected] yum.repos.d]# yum groupinstall 'Server with GUI'

But Even after rebooting Server is not loading any graphics

[[email protected] ~]# runlevel

N 5

Please help me to resolve this graphical issue.

Thanks & Best Regards

Jamsher

Comments

• JamsherJamsher Posts: 137 Bronze Badge

Please help to fix this issue.

Best Regards

Jamsher

• CONCEPT21CONCEPT21 Posts: 71 Red Ribbon

Did you do an upgrade on the old OL 6.10?

I do not think it can work.

The safest method is to back up all your documents first. Then, do a clean installation of OL 7.

Then, restore the old documents to your new OL 7 system.

Jamsher
  • JamsherJamsher Posts: 137 Bronze Badge

Hi,

Yes I did upgrade from OEL 6.10 to OEL 7.6, It should be supported I guess a OEL 6 is earlier version of OEL 7

Thanks & Regards

Jamsher