• 3,728,440 Users
  • 2,245,618 Discussions
  • 7,853,528 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Linux Virtualization. Diks size.

Nik
Nik Member Posts: 2,747 Bronze Crown

Hi.

Docs for Oracle Linux Virtualization ( https://docs.oracle.com/en/virtualization/oracle-linux-virtualization-manager/getstart/manager-install-prereqs.html#storage-reqs ) say that:

Disk size 500 TiB (limited to 8 TiB by default)

But I can not find any inforation how increase this limit from default 8 TiB to large value.

Can any share this information ?

Regards,

Nik

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rexposito
    rexposito Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

Hi Nik,

Maybe this document can help you: OLVM: Explanation of Engine Config Options (Doc ID 2696009.1) 

The parameter "MaxBlockDiskSizeInGibiBytes" configured at OLVM level, will should show 500Gib. If you increase this parameter then you can create disk much bigger.

I'll recommend you that if you plan to change any of the parameters mentioned in the note, raise a SR with Oracle to validate it.

Regards,

Nik

Answers

• rexposito
    rexposito Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

Hi Nik,

Maybe this document can help you: OLVM: Explanation of Engine Config Options (Doc ID 2696009.1) 

The parameter "MaxBlockDiskSizeInGibiBytes" configured at OLVM level, will should show 500Gib. If you increase this parameter then you can create disk much bigger.

I'll recommend you that if you plan to change any of the parameters mentioned in the note, raise a SR with Oracle to validate it.

Regards,

Nik