How to use dyndns on mikrotik router — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,707,990 Users
  • 2,240,932 Discussions
  • 7,839,952 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to use dyndns on mikrotik router

I just registered the free trial of dyndns and I want to try it on my mikrotik router with OS 6.4. Can anyone guide me on how to set it up for file sharing anywhere I am?

Thanks

Answers

• Hi @User_ZHW6G ,

Unfortunately not familiar with the mikrotik router configuration, I would recommend contacting their support to get assistance specfic to their device. that said, the general setup for your device is... 

-Service: (DynDNS.org/Dyn DNS/Dyn) 

-Domain: exampledomain.com (this isn’t always an option, but this would be the domain of your hostname) 

-Host: examplehost.exampledomain.com (if the host you are updating is a subdomain, like they are in Dynamic DNS Pro, this will be the full hostname). 

-Server Address: members.dyndns.org

-Username: Your username 

-Password: Your password or updater client key. You can see if you have generated an updater client key by going to My Account > Account Settings at http://account.dyn.com

Once those fields are completed, your device should start updating the IP automatically once it changes.

Mike

Dyn + Oracle