OEM-Grafana plug:How to increase the number of time-series metrics returned by restful API query ? — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,780 Users
  • 2,241,126 Discussions
  • 7,840,613 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OEM-Grafana plug:How to increase the number of time-series metrics returned by restful API query ?

Kiwi712Kiwi712 Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon

I love the OEM-Grafana App and the Dashboards ! I have some Custom-Repository time-series queries in panels which return datasets that are being limited to 10 metrics and they are always ordered and displayed alphabetically on metric . How can increase this array ceiling to say 20 and alter the sort order based on value rather than metric string-values A-Z order ? I have tried all sorts of things by obviously adjusting the order by in query and adjusting Application API restful property settings on OMS but nothing alters the 10 limit.

basic example:

select rollup_timestamp as time_sec, average as value , key_value as metric

from sysman.mgmt$metric_daily a, sysman.mgmt$target b

where b.target_name = $oem_gf_target_name

and b.target_guid=a.target_guid

and a.metric_column = 'spaceAllocated'

and a.metric_name='tbspAllocation'

ORDER BY 1 ASC;

If I have more than 10 tablespaces in my database then I only see the first 10 in A-Z tablespace-name order.

This the query inspector perspective :

Object

request:Object

url:"api/datasources/proxy/159/em/websvcs/restful/grafana/v1/query"

data:Object

range:Object

targets:Array[1]

isRemoteConnection:false

method:"POST"

response:Array[10] <--- How to change this and how to change order to sort on value rather than metric?

0:Object

target:"BMFDATA"

datapoints:Array[6]

1:Object

target:"EXAMPLES"

2:Object

target:"IOPS"

3:Object

target:"SCOTT_ARCHIVE"

datapoints:Array[2]

4:Object

target:"SDBA_DATA"

5:Object

target:"SDBA_IDX"

6:Object

target:"SYSAUX"

7:Object

target:"SYSTEM"

8:Object

target:"TEMP"

9:Object

target:"TPCCTAB"

( I have another few tablelspaces with tablespace-names not being included in returnset )

Many thanks for any insight/assistance you can offer. Brett

User_J35RZ

Answers

• User_J35RZUser_J35RZ Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Hello!

Did you find a solution?

• User_8YWFOUser_8YWFO Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

Hi Kiwi,

I am also trying to create a OEM data source in grafana and i get an error . Any idea of it.I used the url as http://hostname.domain:7788 and admin username and password.

OEM version is 13.4 and grafana is v7.3.4

Error:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>403 Forbidden</title> </head><body> <h1>Forbidden</h1> <p>You don't have permission to access /em/websvcs/restful/grafana/v1/ on this server.<br /> </p> </body></html>

Regards,

Rahul J