Oracle cloud job/failures/schedules — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,768 Users
  • 2,241,125 Discussions
  • 7,840,600 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle cloud job/failures/schedules

GambleskGamblesk Posts: 126 Blue Ribbon
edited December 2020 in Enterprise Manager

Hope this is the correct forum if not please feel free to direct me somewhere else.

We are going through a migration of most of our databases to a new platform and decided we would try using OEM 13.4 for all our database jobs including RMAN backups. Previously we had used shell scripts scheduled via cron on each server.

creating a cloud job (Enteprise->job activity) works perfectly fine but during our testing we have noticed that if there is anything that causes the job to fail it does not get rescheduled. As an example today we were doing some testing of our applications and how they respond to services being relocated, instances being brought down etc. This meant our archive log job was failing for a while and exceeded the retries defined in the job. Because the job failed there is no longer a scheduled job. We have to do a create like with the job and give it a new name for it to continue functioning after the problem is resolved.

Editted: These jobs are rmanscript type jobs in case that helps.

Is there something we are doing wrong, faulty thinking, lack of process (should we disable the jobs ahead of time) etc.

Seems wrong to me.. I would rather have the job continue to fail as opposed to just not rescheduling itself after the retries are done. With some of the testing we are doing this is a painful process to have to recreate the jobs.. once things are stable maybe its not such an issue.

Scott

Best Answer

• GambleskGamblesk Posts: 126 Blue Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

Just in case anyone else comes looking at this.

the specific problem I posted about turned out to be a bug reported with 13.2 but not fixed yet as of 13.4

BUG 28505360 - EM13cR2 - after the max_automatic_reruns is hit the job is evicted from schedule

Answers

• GambleskGamblesk Posts: 126 Blue Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

Just in case anyone else comes looking at this.

the specific problem I posted about turned out to be a bug reported with 13.2 but not fixed yet as of 13.4

BUG 28505360 - EM13cR2 - after the max_automatic_reruns is hit the job is evicted from schedule