• 3,727,834 Users
  • 2,245,473 Discussions
  • 7,853,056 Comments

Discussions

New x8-2

streas
streas Member Posts: 8 Red Ribbon

Hi,

New server with 2 x dual 32 Qlogic HBA, I have went into the BIOS and enabled the HBA Adapter driver, selective login, selective lun login. Rebooted and I still do not see the HBA in Boot tab. I tried setting legacy in the HBA boot settings and it made no difference. I took a not of both WWPN, went to my Cisco 9148 and saw them logged in okay and was able to create the zones, I went to my IBM 9150 and did not see them logged in but manually created a host object.

I rebooted and attached the OVS server installation media, booted, and saw the lun and was able to install the OS. Rebooted and still in the BIOS I do not see the HBA under the boot tab, and if I go to the HBA WWN database I do not see the LUN.

So I know it is connected as I could install the OS, but what am I missing. There is no longer the ctl-q to get into the Qlogic utility on the x8-2, so when I access the bios the server logs into the switches but never logs into the storage. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Nigel

Answers

• Nik
    Nik Member Posts: 2,747 Bronze Crown

Hi.

BIOS level of HBA required only you have plan boot from SAN. In case you not require it - leave it.

Boot OS and check:

Is FC link present ? ( expect - yes). If no - check HBA drivers.

more /sys/class/fc_host/*/port_state

Check that you can see ports of HBA on switch. You are write that you already create zones - OK.

Do you have mapped LUN for this server on storage ?

You can check what other FC port can see Your server

more /sys/class/fc_remote_ports/*/port_name

more /sys/class/fc_remote_ports/*/node_name

For check what other FC device availalable on specific FC port:

more /sys/class/fc_host/host*/device/rport-*/fc_remote_ports/rport-*/port_name

Regards,

Nik