This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,265 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,824 Comments

Discussions

New x8-2

streas
streas Member Posts: 8 Blue Ribbon

Hi,

New server with 2 x dual 32 Qlogic HBA, I have went into the BIOS and enabled the HBA Adapter driver, selective login, selective lun login. Rebooted and I still do not see the HBA in Boot tab. I tried setting legacy in the HBA boot settings and it made no difference. I took a not of both WWPN, went to my Cisco 9148 and saw them logged in okay and was able to create the zones, I went to my IBM 9150 and did not see them logged in but manually created a host object.

I rebooted and attached the OVS server installation media, booted, and saw the lun and was able to install the OS. Rebooted and still in the BIOS I do not see the HBA under the boot tab, and if I go to the HBA WWN database I do not see the LUN.

So I know it is connected as I could install the OS, but what am I missing. There is no longer the ctl-q to get into the Qlogic utility on the x8-2, so when I access the bios the server logs into the switches but never logs into the storage. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Nigel

Answers

• Nik
    Nik Blocked Member Posts: 2,879 Bronze Crown

Hi.

BIOS level of HBA required only you have plan boot from SAN. In case you not require it - leave it.

Boot OS and check:

Is FC link present ? ( expect - yes). If no - check HBA drivers.

more /sys/class/fc_host/*/port_state

Check that you can see ports of HBA on switch. You are write that you already create zones - OK.

Do you have mapped LUN for this server on storage ?

You can check what other FC port can see Your server

more /sys/class/fc_remote_ports/*/port_name

more /sys/class/fc_remote_ports/*/node_name

For check what other FC device availalable on specific FC port:

more /sys/class/fc_host/host*/device/rport-*/fc_remote_ports/rport-*/port_name

Regards,

Nik