What is the equivalent of CentOS's "HighAvailability" repo — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,775 Users
  • 2,241,125 Discussions
  • 7,840,603 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the equivalent of CentOS's "HighAvailability" repo

I am currently trying to migrate a pacemaker cluster from CentOS8 to OL8. In this cluster I use a server running qdevice for quorum purposes. On CentOS this functionality is provided by corosync-qnetd and corosync-qdevice packages which come from e.g. url_to_mirror/centos/8/HighAvailability (it seems I can't post actual links, yet).

What is the equivalent for this on Oracle Linux 8? When I just install corosync and pacemaker and run

# pcs qdevice setup model net --enable --start

I get

Error: unable to run command /usr/bin/corosync-qnetd-certutil -i: No such file or directory: '/usr/bin/corosync-qnetd-certutil'

"yum whatprovides" does not return any package that includes corosync-qnetd-certutil.

Thank you in advance

Jan

Tagged:

Answers

• Honglin Su-OracleHonglin Su-Oracle Posts: 67 Employee

Jan,

The Pacemaker and Corosync packages are available on the Oracle Linux yum server in the ol8_addons repository, or on the Unbreakable Linux Network (ULN) in the ol8_arch_addons channel.

Some dependency packages may be required from the ol8_appstream and ol8_baseos_latest yum repositories, or from the ol8_arch_appstream and ol8_arch_baseos_latest channels on ULN.

For details, please refer to the doc: https://docs.oracle.com/en/operating-systems/oracle-linux/8/availability/

Thanks!

Honglin

• User_MGNKPUser_MGNKP Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited December 2020

Thanks Honglin Su,

I found pacemaker, corosync and pcs packages there. But I can not find packages corosync-qdevice-3.0.0-4.el8.x86_64.rpm, corosync-qnetd-3.0.0-4.el8.x86_64.rpm, which are in CentOS8 - HighAvailability repository and are needed to setup a server as a quorum device.

Best, Jan

• User_MGNKPUser_MGNKP Posts: 3 Newbie

I just found out that OL7 still had the mentioned rpms in

yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/latest/x86_64/

corosync-qdevice-2.4.* and corosync-qnetd-2.4.* exist there, but I can't find them for OL8

• Honglin Su-OracleHonglin Su-Oracle Posts: 67 Employee

Thanks Jan. We'll investigate.