- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 73 Insurance
- 537.3K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.6K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
How to install Solaris v11.3 as MBR?
I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Ti graphics card. The Nvidia device driver for GTX1070Ti only works for Solaris v11.3, and only if Solaris is installed on a non UEFI disk, i.e. not a GPT disk. To get accelerated graphics on Solaris, I need to use v11.3, installed as MBR.
My question is, how do I install v11.3 as MBR?
I have done this:
- Used latest Gparted usb live to format my disk like this: create a new partition "msdos", which means MBR. Gparted reports the disk as "msdos" formatted, and not "GPT" formatted.
- Booted my Solaris 11.3 usb stick as non UEFI, and did the installation successfully.
However, Solaris v11.3 refuses to boot. I also notice that the disk has been converted to "GPT" during installation - which I dont want.
So my question is: how do I stop the installation software to convert the disk to GPT?