debuginfo in ol8 — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,708,778 Users
  • 2,241,125 Discussions
  • 7,840,609 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

debuginfo in ol8

User_I15I4User_I15I4 Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi all,

recently I switched from RHEL and CentOS to OL.

I randomly need to debug packages and I'm used to do this with gdb and the debuginfo packages.

Formerly I used debuginfo-install to install the debuginfo packages gdb requested to show the backtraces. I realized that OL doesn't provide a yum/dnf repository containing the debuginfo packages but provides some of them at oss dot oracle dot com slash ol8 slash debuginfo (I'm not allowed to post links yet).

1. which makes it quite a pain to install the required packages because you'll have to craft the debuginfo packagename from what gdb is asking for, resolve the dependencies, craft their names, too, install the whole bunch and start over if something is still missing. Would Oracle be so kind and run something like createrepo over that directory to enable the use of debuginfo-install?
  2. oss dot oracle dot com slash ol8 slash debuginfo is far from being complete. At least all appstream packages are missing. Where can I get those?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Avi Miller-OracleAvi Miller-Oracle Senior Manager, Oracle Linux and Virtualization Product Management Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,656 Employee

Hmm, oss.oracle.com/ol8/debuginfo should be both complete and a dnf repo. Thanks for letting us know. I'll raise a bug for this.

RaiderOfTheLostSPARC