- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
debuginfo in ol8
recently I switched from RHEL and CentOS to OL.
I randomly need to debug packages and I'm used to do this with gdb and the debuginfo packages.
Formerly I used
debuginfo-install to install the debuginfo packages gdb requested to show the backtraces. I realized that OL doesn't provide a yum/dnf repository containing the debuginfo packages but provides some of them at oss dot oracle dot com slash ol8 slash debuginfo (I'm not allowed to post links yet).
- which makes it quite a pain to install the required packages because you'll have to craft the debuginfo packagename from what gdb is asking for, resolve the dependencies, craft their names, too, install the whole bunch and start over if something is still missing. Would Oracle be so kind and run something like createrepo over that directory to enable the use of
- oss dot oracle dot com slash ol8 slash debuginfo is far from being complete. At least all appstream packages are missing. Where can I get those?
Thanks in advance :)