- 3,733,801 Users
- 2,246,822 Discussions
- 7,856,878 Comments
- 17.8K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 57 Insurance
- 533.2K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.3K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.1K Cloud Platform
- 109K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.7K Infrastructure Software
- 105K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Include incident reference on submitted attachments
When the interview is submitted, an Incident is created in RightNow, and a form document (RTF) is generated, and attached to the incident as a file.
We would like to show the incident reference (e.g. 210204-000001) on the attachment. Which seems to me to be quite a reasonable, simple requirement.
* Created a "referenceNumber" attribute, and mapped it IN to Incident- "load after submit". (which is reasonable, since this isn't known until the incident is created).
* Referred to this item in my form document .
However - the attribute always shows in the document as "Unknown".
NOTE: We had a bug where 2 incidents were created - and it DID show the "first" (but wrong) incident reference - so there is nothing wrong with the BI Publisher fields in the form document.
I suspect what is happening is:-
1) The RTF is generated (mailmerged) against the OPA attributes. At this point referenceNumber is null, since the incident hasn't been created.
2) The incident is created - but the referenceNumber generated is "lost" to the form document in (1)
3) The document is attached to the incident.
I've searched, and I can't find a solution to this. In effect, I want to swap steps (1) and (2) around.
Is there a solution to this, or do I have to come up with my own reference number, populated before submitting the interview?