• 3,817,096 Users
  • 2,259,276 Discussions
  • 7,893,655 Comments

Discussions

Unable to login to graph visualization

User_WEZOF
User_WEZOF Member Posts: 20 Green Ribbon
edited Feb 10, 2021 11:15PM in RDF Graph & Property Graph

we have launched Graph Server from OCI marketplace and followed required setups but are unable to login to https://<<public ip>>:7007/ui/

here is our config and connecting to ATP database in cloud, I an successfully connect from graph server using same jdbc url and GRAPHADMIN user

on the ATP database we have created a user GRAPHADMIN and granted graph admin role

when tried to login using GRAPHADMIN and password it says

any help is appreciated

thanks

Answers

• User_WEZOF
  • Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,540 Blue Diamond

Hi,

Do you know what version of Graph Server you are using? And what browser?

No idea if it's related, but there was a version which worked only on some browsers, let me see if I can find the thread talking about it...

• Gianni Ceresa
    Gianni Ceresa Managing Director | Oracle ACE Director Member Posts: 6,540 Blue Diamond

But it's maybe not related as you are using a "pack" from the marketplace and therefore I hope it was already configured properly.

What does the Graph Server log tells you when you try to login? It's supposed to already have some info, at least to let you know if it connected to the database properly and so on.

PS: feel free to change your alias to a more "human" version than User_WEZOF 😉

• User_WEZOF

@Gianni Ceresa its 21.1 (latest from market place)

Using chrome browser

Yes that's what I thought as its all pre-configured and just had to choose the compartment and provide jdbc url for our ATP database

can you point me where the Graph Server logs are please?

• User_WEZOF
    edited Feb 11, 2021 5:11PM

also this errors when run from graph server

curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"username": "database user name", "password": "password value"}' https://public_ipaddress:7007/auth/token

{"error_type":"UNAUTHORIZED","error_message":"invalid username/password"}

• Gianni Ceresa

The Graph Server logs are inside the graph server instance. I believe you have a compute instance where the graph server is running, so there inside in the usual /var/log place. I believe the graph server maybe created a subfolder with the log inside (the name is quite explicit).

The message "invalid username/password" would make me think about a login issue with the database.

Are you sure that you are using a valid username / password for the database which is configured to be used by the Graph Server? (the config is in /etc/oracle/graph (or something like that)/pgx.conf

I never used the marketplace thing, I always install the Graph Server myself in an OCI compute instance.

• User_WEZOF
    edited Feb 11, 2021 5:22PM

ok got the log files and looks like jdbc driver is missing

INFO AuthenticationService - connection attempt for user = GRAPHADMINUSER failed with error code = 0: No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@dev_high?TNS_ADMIN=/home/opc/Wallet_DEV

will install the driver and retry- will get back soon

username and password are correct as I am able to connect using sqlcl

• Gianni Ceresa

Which is again a weird issue as you are using a packaged solution. And I don't remember having ever installed a driver, the Oracle JDBC driver comes with the Oracle JDK I believe.

But even in this case, it shouldn't be your problem because it's a pre-packaged thing 🙄

• User_WEZOF

@Gianni Ceresa I know...i am going to call it typical oracle release!!!

Never had to do it myself before in all these years....guessing env var not set or so

will do more digging

• User_WEZOF

or might be I am using wrong jdbc url...saw somewhere its different for jdk 1.8 and 1.9