gdal-devel-3.0.4-5.el8.x86_64.rpm on Oracle Linux 8 EPEL — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,714,556 Users
  • 2,242,576 Discussions
  • 7,844,931 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gdal-devel-3.0.4-5.el8.x86_64.rpm on Oracle Linux 8 EPEL

Mr_Darkman
Mr_Darkman Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon

I've been hacking away to get this installed on oracle8 and while I have had some success with rebuilding source RPMs it messes us Oracle Linux Manager. Even worse when switching to EPEL repo rather than oracles own repo,

My understanding is you are aiming to match the two repos (or is that channels), which is great. Do you have any sort of timeframe for this?

Any alternative solutions would be appreciated. Am I to assume that the package will still not available if I subscribe to the paid for oracle channels?

Best Answer

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,727 Employee
    Accepted Answer

The simplest thing would be to use the upstream EPEL repo instead of ours. Not sure why that messes up Oracle Linux Manager, though. It should work without any issues, as long as you distribute the correct GPG key to your clients.

We are aiming for parity with our EPEL repo, but it'll be a while before we get there. Note that neither our EPEL repo nor upstream are supported, so you're correct in assuming that a subscription would not help.

Mr_Darkman

Answers

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,727 Employee
    Accepted Answer

The simplest thing would be to use the upstream EPEL repo instead of ours. Not sure why that messes up Oracle Linux Manager, though. It should work without any issues, as long as you distribute the correct GPG key to your clients.

We are aiming for parity with our EPEL repo, but it'll be a while before we get there. Note that neither our EPEL repo nor upstream are supported, so you're correct in assuming that a subscription would not help.

Mr_Darkman