• 3,733,521 Users
  • 2,246,780 Discussions
  • 7,856,752 Comments

Discussions

Classic HFM application migration from EPM 11.1.2.4 to 11.2

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 324 Blue Ribbon

Hello Everyone,

I am migrating HFM application from EPM 11.1.2.4 to 11.2 and I completed and everything looks fine.

I wanted to refresh all the HFM application from 11.1.2.4 to 11.2 again. As per Oracle guide looks like after copying schema to 11.2 i have to run the config tool again. My question is there are 5 options in the configuration. Do i need to select all the 5 again or should i skip some of the below steps when I refresh HFM for the 2nd time??

Configuration Option in the config window

1) Configure Application Server

2) Configure Database

3) Configure Application Cluster

4) Deploy to Application server

5) Upgrade Applications.

Best Answer

• Ankur Shrivastava
    Ankur Shrivastava Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

You don't need to run the configuration again.

Once you copy the schema, you can run the Financial Management Application Upgrade Utility to Upgrade all your HFM applications.

To upgrade Financial Management applications:

- From a command prompt, run MIDDLEWARE_HOME\products\FinancialManagement\Server\HFM Application Upgrade_x64.exe.

- In the Financial Management Application Upgrade Utility, click Connect

- Enter the database connection properties and then click OK.

- Enter the user name and password for the Financial Management user and then click OK.

- Click Upgrade and then click Yes to continue.

- When the upgrade is complete, the utility will report if there are any errors. Click View Log to view the upgrade log.

Anand Thota

Answers

• Ankur Shrivastava
    Ankur Shrivastava Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

You don't need to run the configuration again.

Once you copy the schema, you can run the Financial Management Application Upgrade Utility to Upgrade all your HFM applications.

To upgrade Financial Management applications:

- From a command prompt, run MIDDLEWARE_HOME\products\FinancialManagement\Server\HFM Application Upgrade_x64.exe.

- In the Financial Management Application Upgrade Utility, click Connect

- Enter the database connection properties and then click OK.

- Enter the user name and password for the Financial Management user and then click OK.

- Click Upgrade and then click Yes to continue.

- When the upgrade is complete, the utility will report if there are any errors. Click View Log to view the upgrade log.

Anand Thota