• 3,768,648 Users
  • 2,252,827 Discussions
  • 7,874,668 Comments

Discussions

HFM Application migration from EPM 11.1.2.4 to 11.2

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon

Hello Everyone,

I am migrating HFM application from EPM 11.1.2.4 to 11.2 and I completed and everything looks fine.

I wanted to refresh all the HFM application from 11.1.2.4 to 11.2 again. As per Oracle guide looks like after copying schema to 11.2 i have to run the config tool again. My question is there are 5 options in the configuration. Do i need to select all the 5 again or should i skip some of the below steps when I refresh HFM for the 2nd time??

Configuration Option in the config window

1) Configure Application Server

2) Configure Database

3) Configure Application Cluster

4) Deploy to Application server

5) Upgrade Applications.

Best Answer

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

If you restore HFM schema from 11.1.2.4 to 11.2, I believe you have to select all HFM configuration tasks in EPM system configurator. If you copy the HFM applications using Copy app utility or Import app feature, you can just run upgrade applications or you can also run HFM Application Upgrade Utility.

Regards,

Krishna

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

If you restore HFM schema from 11.1.2.4 to 11.2, I believe you have to select all HFM configuration tasks in EPM system configurator. If you copy the HFM applications using Copy app utility or Import app feature, you can just run upgrade applications or you can also run HFM Application Upgrade Utility.

Regards,

Krishna