• 3,768,014 Users
  • 2,252,740 Discussions
  • 7,874,410 Comments

Discussions

Migrate scheduled job list in EPM

Hyp_Learn
Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon

Hello Everyone,

Can you please help me how to migrate scheduled job list which is batch scheduler from EPM 11.1.2.4 to EPM 11.2? Can this be migrated via LCM? Is it the scheduled objects under Reporting and Analysis artifacts? Even though the LCM migration is successful the Scheduled Batch jobs are not showing up in Batch scheduler.

Best Answer

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Krishna Chukkaluru Member Posts: 164 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

When you import in EPM 11.2 LCM, please expand and check they are available to import (just making sure the LCM files are copied correctly to target environment file system).

Also, after import if you don't see any issue, please try to export the batch scheduler jobs from LCM in 11.2 and see in file system if they are any exported (to confirm that they did not really import, I know you already verified from Navigate->Schedule, but let's also verify from here)

If you confirm that they are not imported, you can verify the LCM logs to find more information about the issue and also why successful message is displayed in migration status report.

Answers

• Krishna Chukkaluru

Hi,

Yes, the batch scheduler jobs can be migrated via LCM. Please try migrating only these objects and test. From 11.1.2.4 LCM RA ,Repository Objects->HRInternalFolder->HRScheduler you can export and import them in 11.2. I don't see any issues with this approach and it is straight forward.

Regards,

Krishna

• Hyp_Learn
    Hyp_Learn Member Posts: 327 Blue Ribbon

Hi Krishna,

Thank you so much for your time looking to this. I appreciate it.

I do see the reports under Repository Objects->HRInternalFolder->HRScheduler but I am not seeing anything scheduled under Navigate->Schedule->Batch Scheduler in 11.2. Am i missing something?

• Krishna Chukkaluru
    Accepted Answer

When you import in EPM 11.2 LCM, please expand and check they are available to import (just making sure the LCM files are copied correctly to target environment file system).

Also, after import if you don't see any issue, please try to export the batch scheduler jobs from LCM in 11.2 and see in file system if they are any exported (to confirm that they did not really import, I know you already verified from Navigate->Schedule, but let's also verify from here)

If you confirm that they are not imported, you can verify the LCM logs to find more information about the issue and also why successful message is displayed in migration status report.