Forum Stats

• 3,728,132 Users
  • 2,245,556 Discussions
  • 7,853,352 Comments

Discussions

Web service connector: 'checkpoint-id' in <get-checkpoint-response> ignored?

In my testing with 20D (12.2.21.503) I see the following request/response flow:

<m:get-checkpoint-request><m:request-context><m:parameter name="id" value="00ABCD"/></m:request-context></m:get-checkpoint-request>

To which I respond:

<get-checkpoint-response><checkpoint-data checkpoint-id="001234">UEs...</checkpoint-data></get-checkpoint-response>

But the following set-checkpoint-request does not include the checkpoint-id:

<m:set-checkpoint-request><m:request-context><m:parameter name="id" value="00ABCD"/></m:request-context><m:checkpoint-data>UEs...</m:checkpoint-data></m:set-checkpoint-request>

...so I need to make another query to my backend to find the checkpoint so I can update it.

I then return the checkpoint-id again, this time in the <set-checkpoint-response> (although this time it is in <set-checkpoint-response> directly, rather than in <checkpoint-data>):  

<set-checkpoint-response checkpoint-id="001234"></set-checkpoint-response>

...and then it is included in subsequent <set-checkpoint-request>s:

<m:set-checkpoint-request><m:request-context><m:parameter name="id" value="00ABCD"/></m:request-context><m:checkpoint-data checkpoint-id="001234">UEs...</m:checkpoint-data></m:set-checkpoint-request>

The documentation suggests it should be picked up from either the <get-checkpoint-response> or the <set-checkpoint-response>:

"This data will only be tagged with a checkpoint-id if a previous set or get checkpoint response specified one."

https://documentation.custhelp.com/euf/assets/devdocs/cloud20d/IntelligentAdvisor/en/Content/Guides/Developer_Guide/Connector_Framework/WSDL_Reference_12_2_13/Data_service/CheckpointData.htm