• 3,733,811 Users
  • 2,246,823 Discussions
  • 7,856,882 Comments

Discussions

Weblogic Patch Set Update (PSU)

User_NDDB2
User_NDDB2 Member Posts: 6 Red Ribbon

Hi All,

Could someone please explain how do I apply Weblogic Patch Set Update (PSU) correctly?

Yes, I understand that PSU is released quarterly (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct) but do I need to apply it in sequence or can I choose to apply the latest one?

For example, I have applied January 2020 patch but forgot to apply April and July 2020 patches. Can I straightly jump to October 2020 patch or do I still need to apply April & July 2020 patches before moving on to October one?

Please advise. Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Ankur Shrivastava
    Ankur Shrivastava Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

There is no sequence that needs to be followed while applying the WL patch.

As the latest patch releases, you can directly jump onto it and apply without any issues. Just make sure that you have downloaded the correct patch as per your WL version and understand the criticality of it.

Also, ensure to go through the readme as sometime they're asking to increase JVM parameters with the latest WL patches.

• User_NDDB2
    Accepted Answer

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for the answer. I really appreciated it.

I'm just asking to make sure I don't make any unnecessary mistakes.

Thanks once again.

Answers

• Ankur Shrivastava
    Ankur Shrivastava Member Posts: 19 Red Ribbon
    Accepted Answer

There is no sequence that needs to be followed while applying the WL patch.

As the latest patch releases, you can directly jump onto it and apply without any issues. Just make sure that you have downloaded the correct patch as per your WL version and understand the criticality of it.

Also, ensure to go through the readme as sometime they're asking to increase JVM parameters with the latest WL patches.

• User_NDDB2
    Accepted Answer

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for the answer. I really appreciated it.

I'm just asking to make sure I don't make any unnecessary mistakes.

Thanks once again.