- 3,722,382 Users
- 2,244,297 Discussions
- 7,849,820 Comments
Oracle Linux 7.9: Virtual Box crashes with bridged network adapter.
Host Operating System: Oracle Linux 7.9 with Virtual Box 6.1 installed from oracle yum repositories.
Guest Operating System: Oracle Linux 7.7 or any other version installed on Virtual Box 6.1 with bridged network adaptor.
Try to establish an ssh connection to the guest from any other system apart from the host. SSH connection to both the guest and host hangs. Guest OS on the Virtual Box crashes or shuts down.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install the Oracle Linux 7.9 as the host operating system.
- Install Virtual Box 6.1 from the oracle repositories
- Install any Oracle Linux version as the guest operating system on the Virtual Box
- Configure the network adapter in the Virtual Box as the bridged adapter.
- Find the assigned IP address of the guest operating system
- Try to establish an ssh connection to the guest from any other system apart from the host.
Any solution or workaround is welcome!!!