Forum Stats

• 3,875,203 Users
  • 2,266,862 Discussions
  • 7,912,106 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Linux manager and DISA-STIG

User_I7LW5
User_I7LW5 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Will OLM (spacewalk) still function properly if all DISA-STIG plugins are applied to it? This is in a isolated domain and the OLM and DB are on the same server.

thx

Aaron Reznicek

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,824 Employee
    Answer ✓

To be honest, I don't believe we've ever tested Oracle Linux Manager (or Spacewalk) on a STIG-conformant system. It could probably be made to work, but I can see a few rules that might cause problems for the default install (particularly around file system permissions and PAM configuration).

The biggest potential issue is the requirement to run in FIPS-enabled mode, which may limit the TLS support and thus the age of the clients that can connect to various endpoints.

The only thing I can suggest is to try it and see.

Answers

• Avi Miller-Oracle
    Avi Miller-Oracle Senior Solution Architect, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer Adoption Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 4,824 Employee
    Answer ✓

To be honest, I don't believe we've ever tested Oracle Linux Manager (or Spacewalk) on a STIG-conformant system. It could probably be made to work, but I can see a few rules that might cause problems for the default install (particularly around file system permissions and PAM configuration).

The biggest potential issue is the requirement to run in FIPS-enabled mode, which may limit the TLS support and thus the age of the clients that can connect to various endpoints.

The only thing I can suggest is to try it and see.

• User_I7LW5
    User_I7LW5 Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

My bigger concern is will we be in a "supported configuration" for Oracle support. I'll open a SR to validate that as well.

THx

Aaron

• Avi Miller-Oracle

Good question. I'll leave it up to support to answer it, though.