Forum Stats

• 3,728,125 Users
  • 2,245,554 Discussions
  • 7,853,345 Comments

Discussions

How can multilingual OPA interview have different formatting depending upon locale ?

We can deploy OPA interview with different languages using translation files.

OPA interview takes number , date , currency formatting from the region and date defined in the OPA interview during design time.

Is there a possibility to have number , dates , currency formatted depending upon the language locale used to start an interview ?

Best Answer

• Richard Napier
    Richard Napier Member Posts: 180 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

Hi

Unfortunately, the formatting strings in the Project Tab - Language - Formatting section do not allow dynamic %substitution% or other mechanism that would enable a more flexible approach.

One way I have seen it done in a country where we had 4 different languages each with their own formatting (I am not suggesting this is necessarily what you are looking for) is to use

CurrentLocale() (here https://documentation.custhelp.com/euf/assets/devdocs/unversioned/IntelligentAdvisor/en/Content/Guides/Policy_Modeling_User_Guide/Work_with_rules/Write_rules_to_perform_other_functions/Get_the_session_locale.htm)

to obtain the current locale at runtime, and to use one or more of the following, based on the appetite for customizations

• Based on the CurrentLocale(), Submit and Redirect the user to another Interview with the correct Formatting and Language settings (so have a "starter interview"that acts as a driver to redirect to another interview). (no code but more maintenance obviously)
    • Use number attributes rather than currency attribute plus a rule to define a text prefix ("EUR", "£", "$" or whatever) for these number values to display in a Label in front of the input. (no code)
    • For dates, I've used either the multi-input format which can be seen as "generic" (no code) or used an Input Extension to switch a jqCalendar to showing the correct value format depending on Locale. (JS extension)
    • For phone numbers, I've used a similar approach to dynamically format the phone number (JS extension) based on Locale
    • Sometimes, it can be enough to use visibility rules to display a slightly adapted Screen (different layout) or attributes (to separate for example Full Name in English RICHARD NAPIER and Full Name in a language where it would be NAPIER RICHARD)

I've seen your scenario often - and further variations of it, for example where the interview is in Locale A but certain attributes must be displayed in Locale B format, because they are subject to the Customer's Locale which is not the same as a the Call Center Agent Locale (showing next appointment time in the correct format so the agent can read it out in a way that is more natural for the caller for example)

Hopefully this will give some food for thought!

Richard

Answers

• Richard Napier
    Richard Napier Member Posts: 180 Silver Badge
    Accepted Answer

Hi

Unfortunately, the formatting strings in the Project Tab - Language - Formatting section do not allow dynamic %substitution% or other mechanism that would enable a more flexible approach.

One way I have seen it done in a country where we had 4 different languages each with their own formatting (I am not suggesting this is necessarily what you are looking for) is to use

CurrentLocale() (here https://documentation.custhelp.com/euf/assets/devdocs/unversioned/IntelligentAdvisor/en/Content/Guides/Policy_Modeling_User_Guide/Work_with_rules/Write_rules_to_perform_other_functions/Get_the_session_locale.htm)

to obtain the current locale at runtime, and to use one or more of the following, based on the appetite for customizations

• Based on the CurrentLocale(), Submit and Redirect the user to another Interview with the correct Formatting and Language settings (so have a "starter interview"that acts as a driver to redirect to another interview). (no code but more maintenance obviously)
    • Use number attributes rather than currency attribute plus a rule to define a text prefix ("EUR", "£", "$" or whatever) for these number values to display in a Label in front of the input. (no code)
    • For dates, I've used either the multi-input format which can be seen as "generic" (no code) or used an Input Extension to switch a jqCalendar to showing the correct value format depending on Locale. (JS extension)
    • For phone numbers, I've used a similar approach to dynamically format the phone number (JS extension) based on Locale
    • Sometimes, it can be enough to use visibility rules to display a slightly adapted Screen (different layout) or attributes (to separate for example Full Name in English RICHARD NAPIER and Full Name in a language where it would be NAPIER RICHARD)

I've seen your scenario often - and further variations of it, for example where the interview is in Locale A but certain attributes must be displayed in Locale B format, because they are subject to the Customer's Locale which is not the same as a the Call Center Agent Locale (showing next appointment time in the correct format so the agent can read it out in a way that is more natural for the caller for example)

Hopefully this will give some food for thought!

Richard

• User_AOYHB
    User_AOYHB Member Posts: 31 Red Ribbon

Thanks a lot @RichardNapier . It definitely gives some ideas :)