Forum Stats

• 3,752,193 Users
  • 2,250,468 Discussions
  • 7,867,747 Comments

Discussions

EBPCS - How do I set the Years and Period dimension to enable forecasting in full year increments

We need to create a multi-year forecast by month for year 1 & 2 and then by year for years 3 - 5.

We know how to configure them under Configure: Financials - Planning and Forecast Preparation; what we are unclear about is how to set-up members in the Period dimension to store full year values; the only periods in currently in this Dimension are: YearTotal (as a parent) and Jan, Feb,..., Dec (as children).

Has anyone any advice on how to enable/support this type of multi-year forecast in EPL Planning - Financials?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rahul S
    Rahul S Practice Director - EPM Member Posts: 1,777 Gold Trophy
    Accepted Answer

The moment you will select the needed granularity under configuration ("Planning and Forecast Preparation"), valid intersection will be updated to pick up these members instead for the respective year combination:

Change your form accordingly.

Cheers!

Rahul S.

• Rahul S
    Accepted Answer

Looks like they have leveraged this for YTD calculations, I am sure they will have their reasons. We have to understand those before making any changes. From a technical standpoint: Can you create one more member under OEP_Yearly Plan, an equivalent of "Yearly Input"? Or Move Yearly Plan's decedents to a different hierarchy?. Be careful of ripples you don't want to create other problems by fixing one.

Answers

• Rahul S
    Accepted Answer

The moment you will select the needed granularity under configuration ("Planning and Forecast Preparation"), valid intersection will be updated to pick up these members instead for the respective year combination:

Change your form accordingly.

Cheers!

Rahul S.

• David de Korsak
    David de Korsak Member Posts: 6 Green Ribbon

Rahul,

Thank you for the directions. One clarification:

Below is the Period dimension set-up by our Implementer. Do we then need to set-up new children under the OEP_Yearly Plan?

Our goal is to store full year values for each Account & Year combination whenever a Year is flagged as Yearly in the configuration. The current YTD members under OEP_Yearly Plan do not allow us to do that.

• Rahul S
    Accepted Answer

Looks like they have leveraged this for YTD calculations, I am sure they will have their reasons. We have to understand those before making any changes. From a technical standpoint: Can you create one more member under OEP_Yearly Plan, an equivalent of "Yearly Input"? Or Move Yearly Plan's decedents to a different hierarchy?. Be careful of ripples you don't want to create other problems by fixing one.

• David de Korsak

Yes, they did; you are correct about reaching out to the Implementer to find out why. We are attempting re-engage with them.

I did try to add a member under OEP_Yearly Plan in our Test instance but for some reason, I am not able to submit data for the years configured as "Yearly".

Let me know if you can easily think of steps I have missed (I did refresh the database after adding the new member), realizing that this likely requires more time than you have.

Thank you very much for your help thus far,

David.

• David de Korsak

Rahul,

Do you have any recommendations to help us find an EPM expert?

Our going back to the implementer is no longer an option; we have asked our IT recruiter to find an Oracle EPM resource but he has not been able to identity the right candidate so far. We currently have a production support agreement with Oracle but that team does not have that level of expertise either (our support identifier is 22374499).

Do you or your organization provide consulting services? or know of firms who do?

(we documented the steps we have taken so far and the questions we need help with in the attached Word

doc.)

• Rahul S

Sure, I have a few suggestions, we can talk about those. Dropped you a message.