• 3,734,454 Users
  • 2,246,973 Discussions
  • 7,857,298 Comments

Discussions

Oracle EDQ - Export to Excel - Result Browser

User_U0M4W
User_U0M4W Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon
edited Apr 20, 2021 1:09AM in Data Quality

I am using Oracle EDQ and am trying to export data from newly created snapshot based on a table under Staged data. I can see the data from the table under the result browser but when I tried to export to excel all data has not been exported into excel file. There are approx 12000 records /data but in excel only 1000 records/data has been exported. Any idea how to get all 12000 into excel.

Answers

• Stephen Thompson
    Stephen Thompson Member Posts: 62 Blue Ribbon

The 1000 rows limit can be changed in Edit / Preferences

Take care going too high though. With very large data sets it is better to export as a CSV.

• User_U0M4W
    User_U0M4W Member Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Hi Stephen, Thank you very much, I have tried and it worked out. How can I export as a CSV file because when I click Export to Excel and select Files of Type it shows either Excel or All Files. Can you please guide.

• Stephen Thompson
    Stephen Thompson Member Posts: 62 Blue Ribbon

You will need to create a Data Store, either on the client side (i.e. your local machine) or server side, where the file will be written to the landing area on the server, or a sub-folder. Select type Text File and choose a delimited text file. Be sure to click the option to include your first row as the column headers, provide the filename remembering your .CSV suffix and finally give your Data Store a name.

You can then associate your new Data Store with a staged data table that may contain your results from a process in a new Export object. Your CSV will be exported once you click Run on your export object. If you have chosen a server-side export then it will be available in a job. Client-side exports are not available in jobs.

For more details press F1 while in EDQ and search the relevant section of the Help pages. If you require some basic training to get you going then contact Oracle University or Ely Data Quality both of whom will offer training courses for beginners but also for more advanced topics once you have the basics.

User_U0M4W