Forum Stats

• 3,853,380 Users
  • 2,264,214 Discussions
  • 7,905,332 Comments

Discussions

FAL: Failed to request gap sequence

aliyagmur
aliyagmur Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

I have been using dataguard. Version is 18.3.0.0.0.0. I have some shipped but not applied archivelogs in standby database

select thread#, sequence# from v$archived_log where applied='YES' order by 2;

thread# sequence#

-------- ------------

1 188

1 189

1 190

1 191

1 192

1 193

1 194

When i look at the alert log I can see this log :

FAL: Failed to request gap sequence

GAP - thread 1 sequence 190 - 192

First question: Why does oracle states that applied archived log files are missing?

I configured my dataguard environment like that:

primary.db :

configure archivelog deletion policy to shipped to all standby;

standby.db

configure archivelog deletion policy to applied on standby;

Second question: Daily build have deleted these archivelog logs on both standby and primary servers. I cannot re-apply or re-ship these files. How can i get it work?

Tagged:

Answers

• Luís Gustavo Lira
    Luís Gustavo Lira Member Posts: 119 Silver Badge

Hi, don't you have backup of these archivelogs? For some reason there is a GAP and it needs these archivelogs to resolve the GAP. If it is not possible to restore these archives you will probably need to recreate the standby environment.

• aliyagmur

Archivelogs with number of 190 , 191 and 192 are seemed to be applied. But alert log gives an error that these archivelogs are missing:

"FAL: Failed to request gap sequence

GAP - thread 1 sequence 190 - 192"

Why does oracle need these applied archivelogs?

• Luís Gustavo Lira
    Luís Gustavo Lira Member Posts: 119 Silver Badge

Hi,

I understand your point, I believe that you will need to open a service request to investigate this issue.

I don't know your backup policy, but I would like to emphasize that it is very important to have full and archivelogs backups.

Even using dataguard, you may eventually need to perform a point-in-time recovery and not be able to recover the database.

• aliyagmur

I have been using sqlite and postgresql databases. I can get any information easily. Here, it is just some words.